• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Football League Show?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Haha, I thought they said "the German player" too at first. But as the guys above have mentioned I think it was "journeyman player".

I'm also annoyed that we only got 3/4 minutes of airtime - such a lack of respect. It was the only match in League One!

Too much waffle and other rubbish on FLS

Hooch

Too much waffle and other rubbish on FLS
Agreed. They could easily do away with those emails and texts for starters.

Ian_Woodward

i didnt think sercs' goal was so good at the time but having seen it on the FLS I have to say its got to be a contender for league goal of the season. outrageous!
cureton and o'flynn looked sharp today. wednesday will be disappointed they didnt take their chances 5-3 would have been a fairer result probably. Their defence looked poor but up front we were on fire today and would have probably destroyed any team in the league.
Are you kidding me!!! 5-3?! If anything 5-1 was flattering to them, I've never seen us play so well. Harley had 2 shots just miss, every corner/cross/freekick looked dangerous and came close 2/3 times from them. Was one of those days when everything went well.

Alistair20000

Are you kidding me!!! 5-3?! If anything 5-1 was flattering to them, I've never seen us play so well. Harley had 2 shots just miss, every corner/cross/freekick looked dangerous and came close 2/3 times from them. Was one of those days when everything went well.
How about 8-3 :)

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Morrisson should have put away one absolute sitter and there were a couple of other good chances they should have taken. Harley had 2 decent shots from distance one of which was very well saved but they arent exactly guilt-edge gifts like Morisson squandered.
Anyway, that was pretty much the best half of football I've seen city play in... well... forever?!? Going forward we absolutely destroyed them. Play like that every week and its promotion contention.

Special mention to Billy Jones and Richard Duffy, both did really well today. Billy is showing signs of a bit of a rejuvenation which is excellent, hopefully he will start showing people why Tis brought him back over the rest of the season. Nobes looks like he's slowly getting back into the swing of things as well, picked out some good passes at times, he'll only improve as the season go's on as well.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Ha! 'Journeyman' of course, thanks guys. Sometimes I love my hearing! Problem now is that whenever he scores I'll be posting "Jawohl Herr Cureton", that should confuse anyone who hasn't read this thread ... :D

Agree with pretty much everything posted on here. It is the lack of flexible thinking that was so predictable and depressing from the BBC. I doubt it crossed anyone's mind that there was actually nothing stopping them from showing a League One game before those in the Championship.

jase 07

At least we could have had more TV coverage on the FL show?!?!8-|
We probably would not be in the Football League if that scruffy f*cker had got the job.

LammieLammieLammie

We probably would not be in the Football League if that scruffy f*cker had got the job.

:D We had the chance to sign him under Alex but he wanted time off for his media commitments!

Great to hear Clive Pring and his team getting a shout on the show.

Last edited:

Pete Martin (CTID)

I was really disappointed how they kept referring to the game being on because of the efforts of "the ground staff".

Without taking anything at all away from Clive et. al. who were brilliant, I thought they could have made some mention of the only game being on in Leagues 1 and 2 was at a trust run club where the fans came in numbers to help the ground staff get the ground fit for the match.

The only email read out from an Exeter fan was in praise of Tis (which again I wouldn't knock) but I would have thought our status deserved a mention. They clearly think it has no significance.