• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Football League Show?

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think yourselves lucky. We would have got 20 seconds on ITV

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was really disappointed how they kept referring to the game being on because of the efforts of "the ground staff".

Without taking anything at all away from Clive et. al. who were brilliant, I thought they could have made some mention of the only game being on in Leagues 1 and 2 was at a trust run club where the fans came in numbers to help the ground staff get the ground fit for the match.

The only email read out from an Exeter fan was in praise of Tis (which again I wouldn't knock) but I would have thought our status deserved a mention. They clearly think it has no significance.
Perhaps, outside of Exeter, it's not really that big a deal that we're a Trust run club? In the big scheme of things maybe we're not that big a deal.

Of course we know differently, but does the rest of the world care? Personally I prefer us to go out about our business away from the spotlight with a quiet satisfaction that we're going about things the right way without the need to get a thumbs up from a second rate highlights show shown in the depths of the night.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Personally I prefer us to go out about our business away from the spotlight with a quiet satisfaction that we're going about things the right way without the need to get a thumbs up from a second rate highlights show shown in the depths of the night.
True enough Ant. I would go with that on reflection! :D

Antony Moxey

Loving this! Have you read Claridges latest book? He slates Tis when he ( claridge) doesn't get an interview for the City job...and I think thats where a lot of his bile towards us is from.
Isn't the story that at the time he was really keen on the job yet wouldn't submit a CV? They know where I am and they know what I've done was his reasoning for not applying, and that the club should, because of who he was, approach him, not the other way round.

greenawayr

We provide the BBC with 21% of the football league goals and they provide us with less than 5% of their coverage!

GrecianWonder

nextime we could call this the footbail league show matchday thread!!

exehausted2

The general atttitude on the programme whereby there are some clubs that will be taken seruiously whatever they do, while we never are, does irritate. However I would guess there is very little flexibility in the time allowed for any given match. Is it not all part of the broadcasting contract. There might be the odd League 1 or League 2 game that gets extended highlights but it would be decided well in advance. We wouldn't be favourites for that either, but even if we'd put seven past Wednesday yesterday we would have still got our statutory 2 minutes. Any journalist who could confirm that?

Cravat 2

Sercombe's goal was just brilliant.

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
Isn't the story that at the time he was really keen on the job yet wouldn't submit a CV? They know where I am and they know what I've done was his reasoning for not applying, and that the club should, because of who he was, approach him, not the other way round.
If that's really the case, what a first-rate w*nker........

greenawayr

There must have been a good 10-15 mins of mediocre highlights of that Ipswich game! TFF Grecian player I say!