• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yeovil Town v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Artur any good? Just thought I'd ask, since commentary said "the defence was rooted to the spot" for the corner.

Joshyd123

That's the worst I've seen City play in a long while. For 75 minutes the back 4 were simply woeful, Danny Coles the main culprit. A lunge here, a let the ball bounce instead of head it away there, a missed tackle next time. About time Duffy got put back into the centre of the back four alongside Troy because that's also his best position!

And, I'm the first to admit that I'd pull Noble out of a bonfire, but f*ck me he was woeful today. Didn't close down anything, passed sideways all game and looked like the player we had at the start of last season, not the Noble from the last few games!

If Yeovil had a better strike force and delivery from the flanks, in which they had about 40 yards of space on a number of occasions, the scoreline would have been very depressing viewing tonight.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
^ Well, you started the Match Day Thread ... :)

John William

Poor 2nd half performance, I agree we were lucky to get a draw. Really missed Oakley and Nardiello.

I agree it's early days to start getting over-worried but I think the point about draws is that is that draws are not enough: no-one has stayed up with only 46 points in League 1 for over a decade (Oxford did it with 45 in 1989/2000).

City do really need to win at home to Tranmere next weeked to avoid getting sucked back into the bottom 4, and with only 2 days rest after the cup replay. Tranmere don't have a game, having already been knocked out of the cup, so can focus all their energies on Saturday.

And we have only 1 home game in December.

Oli

No problem with draws away as long as you get the wins at home.

flakey pasty

Artur any good? Just thought I'd ask, since commentary said "the defence was rooted to the spot" for the corner.
I thought he had a really good game Pete. He made one or two stunning saves and was quick to leave his line in order to intercept through balls. He had no chance with the first goal and I'll have to take a closer look on the FLS to make a judgement on the second - at the time it appeared that the goal squeezed in at the far post and that unfortunately Golbourn, who otherwise had a good game, was AWOL.

FAN-TATIC

Before going to the match today I told a friend that we MUST NOT lose. We didn't and we could have won if Nobes drive near the end went in rather than hitting the bar. I thought at half- time that the game was there for the taking. Still that's 6 without defeat so things are improving. Nards, Bauza and Oakely fit will make a world of difference.

No need to panic yet. Walsall, Chesterfield and Wycombe are struggling worst than we are at present. We have to keep the character that we have been showing recently. Good response to the first minute set back today.

dommers

It would have been nice to win today to give us a little breathing space although a draw is not that bad a result. Earlier in the season we would certainly have lost given the second half pressure we were under. To me that is progress.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
(Oxford did it with 45 in 1989/2000).

45 points in 11 years isnt to bad isit lol

flakey pasty

45 points in 11 years isnt to bad isit lol
Not compared to Argyle!
LOL LOL LOL