• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter 'characters'

StixUK

Lot of money in scrap...sort of.
yeh I appreciate that, but I am most drawn to the type of transportation device used, in this instance it was a custom-built B&Q trolley with metal side skirts to support any loose metal falling to the road and potentially harming the driver.

Most people use a supermarket trolley (i.e morrisons, tesco, etc etc)

Jean Jeannie

On the way to work I always see a ted walking along Prince Charles Road quite smartly dressed with, what must be, half a tub of brilcream (if you can still buy that - think it's called hair gel these days but I dunno, I don't even use harmony hair spray, I just wash n go) to hold the quiff in place.
Same time, there always a small woman with a large dog - I see her every day. Thing is it's probably a small dog, just that she is so tiny makes the dog look like it's taking her for a walk.

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Most people use a supermarket trolley (i.e morrisons, tesco, etc etc)
I read somewhere that a supermarket (in Scotland?) had lost something like 300 trolleys. Apparently the scrap value of the carts exceeded the £1 deposit normally required. I can just picture the guy rocking up to Morrisons with £300 in pound coins...

MickStagraget

In Lidl you can use a 20p piece in place of the pound, so the scrap profit of them would be much better.

Swanaldo

You busy tomorrow Mick? Bring some 20ps

mole221

I was walking down the high street the other day and a gentleman followed me from the Debenhams building down to that metal sculpture thing, before tapping my shoulder and dropping a polish (or other fasten European language) bible into my hand and walking off without saying a word to me. As far as i am aware, I look nothing like a pole in need of the word of the lord. Bizzare stuff.

LOG

I look nothing like a pole
Are you tall and thin? Easy mistake to make.

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
My new favourite is one who seems to hang out near the B&Q on Alphington Road always wearing a mexican style poncho. He may well have more than one

MickStagraget

Oddly, I mentioned this thread to Forever 7 when we were on the binge last night. He mentioned his time in Barnsley there was a man with a karaoke machine in a childs pushchair named Kipper Jackson. He looked him up and was appalled to see that this http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/Karaoke-nuisance-jailed-for-drunken.4886983.jp had happened to Kipper Jackson.

P.S. I like his T shirt most :)
I've only just seen this but it's quality :D

Jackson had claimed he was balancing the bun on his head when he was pushed from behind and it landed on the officer
That's the best explanation ever. "I'm sorry m'lud but I was just storing the cream bun on me 'ead when I was startled"

lists his interests as "drinking and singing but mostly drinking."
What an inspriation.

And this is top quality journalism, perfect use of the word 'armed'
Jackson had been drinking when he armed himself with the cream buns on September 6 and September 19 last year.

And a final hats off to the judge, I have no idea how he could have said this with a straight face:
"You slapped a cream bun on the head of a police officer struggling with a prisoner, it could have led to serious public disorder."

LammieLammieLammie

Jerry Hart... love the bloke. Get your money on him winning BGT.