• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter 'characters'

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Swanny you seem to know alot of these 'Characters'

Does this mean you could be one in years to come?

:D

You could be become 'Confused of Crediton'

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone remember the guy who was always picking up litter around the town,with his Keep Britian Tidy shirt on..
Yep I do, his picture was always in the Echo with his latest campaign, broom in hand, eco-warrior well before his time called Lawrence or Leslie, or summat similar.

Remember the bus conductor Archie, self-styled comedian...used to shout out 'Swan Lake' every time his bus went over Exe Bridge. A 'dodgy' character IIRC.

Swanaldo

Swanny you seem to know alot of these 'Characters'
Living in Blackboy Road and having a liking for ropey pubs meant such encounters were inevitable...

ecfc_1985

Anyone ever see the old lady who used to walk around the ponds by the Uni with a tame crow on a lead a few years ago?

manc grecian

What about Exeters most famous gay couple. One is about 8ft and 20 stone and the other 4ft and 3 stone. They used to live in Exwick. Not sure if they are still together or who bummed who.

Juan Kossof

I'm going back a long way but 2 spring to mind. One used to ride a CZ twin round Exe Bridge roundabout in a kilt and wellies. Put me right off my lunch.

The other had a penchant for (solo) ballroom dancing - often on the pavement outside BHS. Disconcerting for lady shoppers but quite harmless.

Swanaldo

How could we forget 'Action Man' Steve Lavigne?

iscalad

Does anyone remember a colourful chap known as Billy Outlaw, aka Billy the Bat, who lived in Wonford? He once had "Outlaw" tattooed right across his forehead, before deciding to ink it over with a huge bat. He came up in conversation at the pub the other night, no one seemed sure if he's still alive or not?
Died a few years back.

StixUK

Praying man still going strong in Alphington?

Then there was the dodge man I saw with a B&Q trolley with scrap metal and a sink in it down Beacon Avenue the other day....seems all the rage nowadays?

MickStagraget

Praying man still going strong in Alphington?

Then there was the dodge man I saw with a B&Q trolley with scrap metal and a sink in it down Beacon Avenue the other day....seems all the rage nowadays?
Lot of money in scrap...sort of.