• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter 'characters'

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
Saw Poncho Man in Cowick Street today. My mum commented on how she admired his spirit and individuality by daring to be different

Red the Paper

Banned
Drove by Norma the Prostitute today. Umbrella was down, she was on the way to work...I believe

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
Drove by Norma the Prostitute today. Umbrella was down, she was on the way to work...I believe
Didn't know she was called Norma. Everyone I know refers to her by the un-PC term "Black Mama". I cannot confirm if there is an accompanying DVD of this title

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
When we were back there last march, we eat at Wetherspoons (Sawyers) quite a lot, and nearly everytime we were there, this shabby looking tall character, who was usually in need of a shave, would come in, wearing some sort of a furry looking white cossak type hat. He would order a pint of Guinness, and procede to drink it through a straw!

He ****** quite a lot of people off because he would sit down at a table where he generally wasnt wanted, and very often break into other peoples conversations! I think one or two people told him to f*ck off!

He seemed to stop coming in there during our last week, so I was wondering if he got banned for annoying people and not spending much money.

Anybody know who he is?

Swanaldo

Had the pleasure of his custom yesterday.£30 sale, all paid for in pound coins!
Jerry Hart... love the bloke. Get your money on him winning BGT.

PeteUSA

Had the pleasure of his custom yesterday.£30 sale, all paid for in pound coins!
You talking about the character I'm talking about from the Sawyers Swanny?

Swanaldo

No, sorry I was referring to Lammie's post about busker Jerry Hart.

LOG

I am not aware of this Jerry Hart person. He isn't the 'blind' bloke is he?

Swanaldo

He sings jazz standards and plays trumpet, normally outside Debenhams in Princesshay.

http://jerrihart.com/

Buskers with websites. I ask you!

ECFC traveller

2 of them outside central, scram through the bin outside the cafe - Fight quite often too:L