• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Any more news on Brazil?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I suspect we won't be told Mike.
I suspect you're right

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
No doubt about it, Tagg definitely says that "together with our agents over there, this'll be AT NO COST TO THE CLUB!!
No, he doesn't.

He says "tasked with" finding the money.

Have we received a cheque from Fluminese yet? Have the flights been booked? Who booked them? Who paid for them? Who are these agents? What's in it for them? Remember, we own the club, right?

I would have expected Tagg to recognise Flu's generosity in paying for this. After all, we recognised Swansea's generosity when they allowed us to keep all the PSF gate money.

Given we are a penniless, supporter-owned club, then the least we should expect is a definitive, written statement that all the costs associated with this trip have been paid by parties other than the club

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you can bear to watch, it's mentioned in this from about 3:30 in that the club were tasked to do it at no cost and that agents in Brazil and Fluminense have taken this responsibility - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q19brHVzfk
No "taken" but "tasked".

There is a lot of wriggle-room in that statement, and also these mysterious agents on whom all blame can be placed in the event of it all going t&ts up

IndoMike

My standpoint is, that if this Flum outfit don't pickup the tab for everything, as was evidently agreed for this farce of a trip, then the trip don't happen. We need an update from the club about that aspect, because if things don't stay as they were alledgedly agreed, F*** the trip I say! Let Tisdale stay in the UK organizing friendlies, and looking for new players that wont compromise his earnings!
I think I'm going to wait until the trip is over and read what the trippers have to say about it. My own view is that the big match should have been a friendly as part of Brazil/s World Cup build up (pipe dream I agree) or no go. Of course a match will go ahead, but against who? To pay so much to play at a tatty stadium (?) against a bunch of amateurs (I assume) does not seem to be worth the money, nor will it do anything at all to raise City's profile. It's just City v Tiverton thousands of miles away.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Players' wages
PFA
Loan
That is all.
Care to put that in words that are a bit more blatant, please.

John William

Players' wages
PFA
Loan
That is all.
What, this month? This is very worrying if true. Given the timing, it would mean the Club was facing more than just "financial difficulties".

How can the season ticket money have already been spent? Has the Club had to pay for the Brazil tickets / hotel costs / etc. and run out of cash? Have the short term loans made by the Trust and due by 31st May been repaid?

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... Who are these agents? What's in it for them? ...
As far as I can recall, it is a pair of chaps called Eric and Ricardo. They aren't professional 'agents' in the common understanding of the term but a couple of people willing to help the Club on a volunteer basis. I think (but don't quote me) one is a sort of fan of the Club and the other a part time journalist of some description.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
As far as I can recall, it is a pair of chaps called Eric and Ricardo. They aren't professional 'agents' in the common understanding of the term but a couple of people willing to help the Club on a volunteer basis. I think (but don't quote me) one is a sort of fan of the Club and the other a part time journalist of some description.
Fills me with confidence.

I notice there are none of the additional fixtures that Tagg alluded to.

Beginning to wonder if the funds for this will be the gate money for the game (max 3500 capacity) what could go wrong with that?

wemissmoxey

:)

Is this for real ??

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Yes. ... ...