• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Any more news on Brazil?

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would say the rest of the football world will be ****ing themselves at this farce, however as it hasn't been advertised/promoted at all, I expect no one actually knows it exists.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
What, this month? This is very worrying if true. Given the timing, it would mean the Club was facing more than just "financial difficulties".

How can the season ticket money have already been spent? Has the Club had to pay for the Brazil tickets / hotel costs / etc. and run out of cash? Have the short term loans made by the Trust and due by 31st May been repaid?
If true and wages can't be paid for May then I can't see how they would be paid for June and July. If the PFA are loaning us the money then we would also be under a transfer embargo so would have to go with the limited number of players we have I assume. Don't know how it would affect those with deals on the table other than not being a good arguement for them to sign.

I echo your question re the season ticket funds, and would question if this was the case the sense of going ahead with the Brazil trip.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
If it's indeed true that we have had to ask the PFA for a bailout (if) then Tagg and co should be in the high street with collecting tins, not organising a jolly to Brasil that no-one outside of the club is even aware of.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
If true and wages can't be paid for May then I can't see how they would be paid for June and July. If the PFA are loaning us the money then we would also be under a transfer embargo so would have to go with the limited number of players we have I assume. Don't know how it would affect those with deals on the table other than not being a good arguement for them to sign.

I echo your question re the season ticket funds, and would question if this was the case the sense of going ahead with the Brazil trip.
I'm guessing the game has to go ahead, otherwise the financial cost would have been even worse than what the financial problems are at present.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm guessing the game has to go ahead, otherwise the financial cost would have been even worse than what the financial problems are at present.
But it hasn't cost us a penny (allegedly) so how could it cost us anything to pull out?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would imagine all those that have paid up would be wanting a refund, apart from Butch that is.

Pete Martin (CTID)

As far as I can recall, it is a pair of chaps called Eric and Ricardo. They aren't professional 'agents' in the common understanding of the term but a couple of people willing to help the Club on a volunteer basis. I think (but don't quote me) one is a sort of fan of the Club and the other a part time journalist of some description.
Ricardo Calcado (definitely). He studied at Plymuff University and is heavily involvec in charity work. He headscan outfit called 'Solidarity Wave' which, I think, is dedicated primarily to helping the street children of Rio. "Eric" is (I think) a friend of Ricardo's called Eric Menezes who lives and works in Rio.

Here to inform.... ;)

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
That's the chaps, Pete. Eric is the one with a journalistic bent.

Last edited:

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ricardo Calcado (definitely). He studied at Plymuff University and is heavily involvec in charity work. He headscan outfit called 'Solidarity Wave' which, I think, is dedicated primarily to helping the street children of Rio. "Eric" is (I think) a friend of Ricardo's called Eric Menezes who lives and works in Rio.

Here to inform.... ;)
“When I was 4 I had a dream. I saw myself very old, with wrinkled face, happy, surrounded by little children in a very green place, with schools, sports fields and even hospitals in the midst of untouched nature. When I turned 6 years old, another experience marked me a lot. I knew a little angel named Mumuca, a “street boy”

Move over Uri Geller...

http://www.londonhelp4u.co.uk/english/?page_id=335

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Players' wages
PFA
Loan
That is all.
Another "Tree". Why is this hidden on the Brazil thread? This is the only thing that matters currently.

This doesn't necessarily relate to Brazil unless the club has spent money on it, it relates to complete financial mismanagement and not enough cost cutting by Wolfie. Tisdale still got paid on time, I'm guessing.:mad:

What Rich P has said is spot on. It's only May FFS. Are we even going to start next season?

New thread MODS!

Last edited: