• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Luke Young - thank you Sheridan!

motorservices

Have to say granny that was a cracking goal, WTF was the ref up to with there first goal and then when your player done the same gave a free kick to the keeper, non league refs are ****e

tagz

http://youtu.be/6sKVScIxJNI

See his free-kick just before his goal. That isn't the skills of someone who has found his level, more a confidence player being used properly by a manager who is not stuck in the dark ages, like Les Battersby is. Plymouth fans can console themselves by pretending he wasn't good enough for them when the sad fact is, you didn't know what you had and it will be us who reap the benefits of the inevitable big fee we receive, whilst you don't even gave a sell on.
My opinion at the time it was announced that Young was released I thought it was a mistake. Some Argyle fans (such as Cobi) don't think that he is good enough for league 2 and when at Argyle (as he had played over 100 games) he had reached his full potential.

graiser

Is that before or after you start repaying that 800k to the Council :)
payback doesn't commence until draw down

graiser

My opinion at the time it was announced that Young was released I thought it was a mistake. Some Argyle fans (such as Cobi) don't think that he is good enough for league 2 and when at Argyle (as he had played over 100 games) he had reached his full potential.
Luke had talent I don't think many greens would argue with that, for me when he started games he wasn't consistent and was subbed nearly every game, as an impact sub he was excellent, I agreed with his release, Sheridan said Luke had to get out of his comfort zone and looks like he has, I hope he really does well and makes use of his undoubted talent

Luke had talent I don't think many greens would argue with that, for me when he started games he wasn't consistent and was subbed nearly every game, as an impact sub he was excellent, I agreed with his release, Sheridan said Luke had to get out of his comfort zone and looks like he has, I hope he really does well and makes use of his undoubted talent
He wasn't managed properly. All it has taken is for Hargreaves to show some belief in him. It's only taken about 6 weeks for him to become much a better player than we dared think he would be. Les Battersby doesn't have the intelligence to see what was staring him, right in the face. Plymouth's loss!

forevertufc

You forgot this Luke Young goal as well granny, 2.03 minutes in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIayD4tlYTU
Yep Luke Young a real give away, cheers snot.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I really wanted young to sign for us during the summer. I was stunned argyle released him. Far to good for the conference.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
You forgot this Luke Young goal as well granny, 2.03 minutes in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIayD4tlYTU
Yep Luke Young a real give away, cheers snot.
:D Thanks for that f.e.t. I'd genuinely forgotten just how poor football is in the conference!

forevertufc

Indeed STURZ it is. All banter aside when you've seen your team win about 4 games in 18 months this season for us has been very welcome indeed, and to be fair, the side we have now wouldn't have gone out of the league.

Going back to LY and this is a waste of time me posting this on pasoti because they'll move or delete the thread, it's a win, win situation for us, if we keep until the end of the season, there's a good chance he'll fire us close to, or to promotion itself, or if not, come January some one like Peterborough famed for buying young players out of tier 4/5 will come along a pay a lot of money for him, and the gargs get nowt, after all, they gave him away, snigger.

Last edited:

tagz

I really wanted young to sign for us during the summer. I was stunned argyle released him. Far to good for the conference.
I think when Young left he wanted to stay in Devon but didn't want to play for Exeter (as he is from Plymouth) so picked Torquay.