• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ribeiro

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Going to buck the trend a bit here. I don't think he's anywhere near player of the season, month or match. He's nothing like Grimes, Noble or Oakley for skill and has had nothing like the impact of Nichols either. Although improved massively yesterday the previous game against Burton he was as bas as he's ever been with us.

However I like him. A lot. He's willing, strong and sticks to his task. He gets up and down well and was very unlucky not to give us the lead yesterday. I'd say he's pretty much a shoe-in at RB and the performance against Burton apart hasn't let himself or us down. Long may he continue in the vein he has done so far this season for many a season to come.

But he isn't anywhere near player of the season. Nothing like.

STURTZ

Agree with Ant but he is an exciting player and gives us a great outlet up the right. Also his ability to get a head in ahead of the oppos is outstanding and has got us some important goals and saved us some as well.

Ribero Wo ah!

Ribero Wo wo wo ahh!

He charges up the wing

and makes the big bank sing

Ribero, Wo ah etc.

By a country mile he is the best right back I have seen City have (didn't see Hiley in his prime). For me he is defensively strong for this division, is tough, gives us a powerful outlet down the right flank, is a threat from corners and I would personally look to get him signed up on a 3 year contract now when the Grimes money comes in. The reason I say a 3 year contract is that he is still young enough to command a fee in the future and he is 100% capable of being a good League 1 right back if we go up in the next couple of years.

If you look at his career so far I think he would be playing higher up the levels now if he had made the right career moves earlier and got the game time he needed to progress sooner, then he might even be a regular for Wales now. Its crazy to think that he has 2 full caps for Wales from 2010 when he was 21 and had only played 23 first team matches in his career to that point. For me he is an example to the likes of Ethan Ampadu, Jack Sparkes etc that it isn't always better to move too quickly to a club in the Championship or the Premiership before you have had chance to learn your trade and get enough experience to be able break through and stay in the team. The way things have happened for Matt Grimes compared to where his direct contemporary Sean Goss currently appears to be in his career at Man Utd, is a clear blueprint of what can happen if you take a chance and stay at ECFC with the hope that you break into the 1st team quicker and then get your big move when you are more likely to have a 'profile' to play at the new club as well as the physical and mental aptitude to do it.

Last edited:

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ribero Wo ah!

Ribero Wo wo wo ahh!

He charges up the wing

and makes the big bank sing

Ribero, Wo ah etc.
Oh, ho ho he's magic

You knooooow

You'll never get past Ribeirooooooo

He's magic...

Etc.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The thing which made Hiley so good was his consistency. He just never did anything wrong.

On the up

Going to buck the trend a bit here. I don't think he's anywhere near player of the season, month or match. He's nothing like Grimes, Noble or Oakley for skill and has had nothing like the impact of Nichols either. Although improved massively yesterday the previous game against Burton he was as bas as he's ever been with us.

However I like him. A lot. He's willing, strong and sticks to his task. He gets up and down well and was very unlucky not to give us the lead yesterday. I'd say he's pretty much a shoe-in at RB and the performance against Burton apart hasn't let himself or us down. Long may he continue in the vein he has done so far this season for many a season to come.

But he isn't anywhere near player of the season. Nothing like.
Blimey never ceases to amaze me how people have such different opinions on the same footballing events. Suppose that's what makes football so interesting. Ribs impact on our games is generally immense, he covers when others get caught out and creates so much momentum attacking down the flank. Makes those runs even when he's playing as a centre back as part of our back three. Seriously what more do you want from him. To suggest he's "not let us down", is something more suited to one of young squad players who rarely get gametime.
We need different skill sets in different positions. Noble and Grimes have great close control but lack defensive nous. Grimes was anominous in the first half yesterday, but took his goal very well. Oakley is a class act and knows how to keep the ball, love to watch him. Doesn't head the ball and can't run but he's been great for us. Top pedigree. As for Nichols nice calm finisher, but powder puff against stronger defenders, that's why he gets benched so often.

Tisdale is trying to play football in this league, and understands what each player brings to game. Just my opinion ok course for what that worth.

Last edited:

Silver fox

Ribeiro and Oakley both make League 2 Team of The Day (y)

mdg

not surprised that oakley & Ribs, have made the cut, thought that our new right back has been in good form, apart from the first few games, and as for Oakley, what a player he is at this level, and what a player he must have been in the past

wemissmoxey

As I have posted before I actually reckon The Rib is one of Tisdale's best ever signings, we have been crying out for this type of player for years, a player who is aggressive, powerful, direct, has a burst of pace and attacks the ball in both boxes.

Very good signing.

Anyone know how long his contract is ??

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The guys THE biggest threat from corners aswell, he's like 5ft 5, and can jump ten million miles in the air. Awesome player
I'm 5'8", and looking at the picture I have of myself with him he's a good 2-3 inches taller than me. With or without his bouffant.