• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ribeiro

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm pretty certain it was a back four. There was no one further right than bennett until ribeiro came on and he got moved

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought it was a 3, as Woody was pushed up on the left and Oakley was the left of the three.

Pobbop

I thought it was a back four.
Me too, think with Tis the shape changed a little at times, but basically it was Bennett r-b, Oaks and Danny c-h, and Woodman l-b.

Avening Posse

Not sure, I agree with GOG in that it probably changed a bit throughout the match, I sat in the cowshed today towards the away end and am therefore certain Scot was playing right back for at least the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half

scottus86

Looked like 3 center backs with Woodman and Nicholls playing wing backs. It seemed to change in to a back four when we were attacking depending on the wing we were attacking down.

andrew p long

Looked like 3 center backs with Woodman and Nicholls playing wing backs. It seemed to change in to a back four when we were attacking depending on the wing we were attacking down.
That's what I thought too (as I've posted on the Match day thread) - 3-4-1-2. A bit surprising that Cheltenham didn't try to use a pacy left winger; that was where we were vulnerable (until Ribeiro came on abd Bennett went to centre mid.