• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Evan's to Hartlepool?

motorservices

No it isn't, and if you read what I've written again you'll see I say no such thing. Of course he's free to work wherever he likes, but the bit you seem to fail to grasp is it isn't up to him, it's up to prospective employers who more than likely don't want to be associated with such a highly public convicted rapist. Plus, whether you like it or not, there are plenty of people who wouldn't continue to support their team if he was signed. The clubs also have to look at the sort of publicity being associated with him would generate, and I would suspect that many would consider it not worth the risk.

As for my views on him, to be honest conviction or no conviction, he seems to be a particularly odious individual with little to no moral code or sense of right and wrong. I wouldn't think him being found innocent would change that view.
Plymouth argyle have a keeper that KILLED two Children, so you can never say that, yes they have prob lost some supporters, fact is, if they continue the way they are going the walkers will return

its having the balls to take the step

would i have Evans at ECFC yes i would
would have argyles keeper, i wouldnt have a say in the matter, but no player is bigger or more important than the club, players come and go, a club is for life, so yes id continue to support ECFC and go to as many games as i could, but id never cheer or clasp him.

Once you over come what they have done, put it in a box and think they have actually paid there price, they are then free to carry on

and tbh we need all the help we can get scoring goals (as do most clubs) so why cut your nose of to spite your face.....

I still believe there are lots of clubs that would hire him, when it gets over turned (and you're taxes pay him compo) he will have them clued up to get his name on paper

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
its having the balls to take the step
It isn't. Do you think every club in the land are simply afraid of public opinion and that that's why he hasn't been signed. It'd be nice to think some have some sort of moral compass. 'Once you overcome what they have done' - it's not always quite so easy as that though, is it? Like I say, there are some who still have some sort of compass, even in this day and age.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
If he wins his appeal then suddenly loads of clubs will be after him.

I'd happily see him at Exeter. Having read a bit about his case I wouldn't be surprised to see his appeal be successful.
I don't think he could ever win an appeal, my surprise was more (again based on what I've read - I wasn't at the trial) that he was convicted in the first place. However, to be even granted the right of appeal he needs to have fresh evidence that no rape occurred. Given there was no medical evidence of rape, it very much boils down to "he said she said". Unless the victim changes her story, no appeal would have a hope of succeeding.

I remain of the opinion that now he has served his sentence (the jail part of it at least), he should not be made to sit in a darkened room for the rest of his life and should be free to continue his life in the career path that he is best suited to.

There are other arguments, non-Football, related to "degrees" of rape and whether drunken fumbling that one party has no recollection of the next morning should carry the same gravitas in the eyes of the law as someone dragging a woman down a back alley at knifepoint, but as I say that's another argument entirely.

motorservices

I don't think he could ever win an appeal, my surprise was more (again based on what I've read - I wasn't at the trial) that he was convicted in the first place. However, to be even granted the right of appeal he needs to have fresh evidence that no rape occurred. Given there was no medical evidence of rape, it very much boils down to "he said she said". Unless the victim changes her story, no appeal would have a hope of succeeding.

I remain of the opinion that now he has served his sentence (the jail part of it at least), he should not be made to sit in a darkened room for the rest of his life and should be free to continue his life in the career path that he is best suited to.

There are other arguments, non-Football, related to "degrees" of rape and whether drunken fumbling that one party has no recollection of the next morning should carry the same gravitas in the eyes of the law as someone dragging a woman down a back alley at knifepoint, but as I say that's another argument entirely.
Jason, im the first to admit i dont always agree with you, but what you have said above is completely correct, agree with every word in your post

motorservices

It isn't. Do you think every club in the land are simply afraid of public opinion and that that's why he hasn't been signed. It'd be nice to think some have some sort of moral compass. 'Once you overcome what they have done' - it's not always quite so easy as that though, is it? Like I say, there are some who still have some sort of compass, even in this day and age.
My 'compass' id say is middle of the road, but like i said, why shouldnt he be allowed to return to football? would you rather he did nothing and sat on job seekers (our taxes) for the rest of his life?

Antony Moxey

To be perfectly honest I couldn't care less what he does.

motorservices

To be perfectly honest I couldn't care less what he does.
but you wouldnt want him at Exeter................. isnt that a complete contradiction?

Antony Moxey

No, because if he came here I wouldn't bother going again until he left, if at all. I'm sure I'd find plenty of other things to do and not going to City any more is certainly nothing I'd lose sleep over.

motorservices

No, because if he came here I wouldn't bother going again until he left, if at all. I'm sure I'd find plenty of other things to do and not going to City any more is certainly nothing I'd lose sleep over.
so you contradicted yourself, having an opinion is fine, but chopping and changing your mind makes it silly

If one player can make you walk away from the club you love then you arent really a true supporter imho.........

Antony Moxey

Where have I contradicted myself? As for walking away from the club - its only football, it's not that big a deal.