• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 1st Round

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
We have to forget about past disasters and Tis has to stop intellectualising. Football is a simple game and we need to approach it in that way.....some hopes though.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes 3-0, live on TV.

Strangely we haven't lost there since
We lost 4-1 at Dagenham the season they were promoted from the Conference. .

We lost at Maidstone in 1978 when we were a good 3rd Division ( L1) team...We got our revenge a couple of seasons later..I don't think I have ever been to any town since,when there was so much aggro (nice 70s term!) before,during and after those games.

malcolms

Exactly what was said last year before the Warrington game an look what happened there
That's the point.... You need a team that's prepared to battle and if you think we have that, then the evidence suggests otherwise...

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
We lost 4-1 at Dagenham the season they were promoted from the Conference.
Oops sorry - think that was the 1 game there I have missed.

Back on thread, there's a brilliant video post on the Didcot twitter feed showing the reaction to first them coming out the hat at home, then us. I sense it wasn't quite the same atmosphere chez Tisdale.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
losses to non league sides. Warrington, Curzon Ashton, Dagenham, Bognor, Enfield, Maidstone (twice), alvechurch, Walton and Hersham, Bedford town, Gravesend (1962),Dartford, bath city(twice), Hereford, Yeovil & peters utd, Accrington (1927)?, Merthyr town. eighteen I make it.

wins over non league sides. Weymouth, longfleet st mary, whiteheads of Weymouth, kingswood rovers, barnet alston, nunhead, nelson?, Sittingbourne, barnet, Aberdare (twice) Ilford, barking, northfleet utd, Folkestone(twice), Walthamstow avenue, trowbridge town, barnet, Hereford, Nuneaton(three times), Glastonbury, kings lynn, Hendon, Barnstaple, hayes, crawley(twice), minehead, leatherhead, Maidstone, Dartford, Colchester, Farnborough, eastwood, Aldershot, Cambridge city, forest green, tamworth, Kidderminster. forty two I think. also Braintree and afc Wimbledon while we were non league but they were lower level than us.

here's to one more in the win column (y)

malcolms

They were due to play Tivvy on First Round day.

They are at Banbury tomorrow night so an early chance for Tis to go and watch them

Would be, but do you reckon he will? My bet he"ll be tucked up with a shandy in Tis Acres...overlooking Little Piddleton on the Wold

ecfc70

Oops sorry - think that was the 1 game there I have missed.

Back on thread, there's a brilliant video post on the Didcot twitter feed showing the reaction to first them coming out the hat at home, then us. I sense it wasn't quite the same atmosphere chez Tisdale.
any links?

Pete Martin (CTID)

Silver fox

They won't be cheering when we spank them 4-0 (tisdale)

eurogrecian

Y
No Excuses this time city :mad:
One of the few times I ever agree with you!
PS thanks for taking down your avatar - at least the Didcot one is funny.