• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Boyo

Do you know this for a fact Max? Everything Ive ever read points to Dale Vince bankrolling FGR way beyond anything we can match but if you have inside info spill the beans, pulses and lentils please.
FGR staff costs were £3.8m in 2019 :oops: That includes non-playing staff (I believe), but nevertheless that's double our budget.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just think, if Dale Vince had landed on City we'd all be Vegans now and helping to save the planet. Judging by Mr. Tagg's waistline I respectfully suggest that there is little hope of City converting to Veganism in the near future.

Grecian Max

Do you know this for a fact Max? Everything Ive ever read points to Dale Vince bankrolling FGR way beyond anything we can match but if you have inside info spill the beans, pulses and lentils please.
Of course I don’t

“I don’t believe that” I meant I literally do not believe (as in I question) that FGRs budget is stratospherically higher than ours. Especially after they cut their cloth post Covid.

But anyways, excuses excuses. It’s 8-0 in terms of signings so we’re competing against a side likely to be bottom 8 👍🏻

geoffwp

Just think, if Dale Vince had landed on City we'd all be Vegans now and helping to save the planet. Judging by Mr. Tagg's waistline I respectfully suggest that there is little hope of City converting to Veganism in the near future.
I reckon there are city fans who would eat their own grandmother for what Vince bankrolls FGR and not blink an eye over becoming a carrot botherer. 😊

Arthur Davey

Am I the only one feeling slightly embarrassed that we are the only club that hasn’t signed anyone? Or am I worrying needlessly?
It's OK to feel embarrassed; it is indeed quite likely that you're not alone; worrying is indeed needless, & won't benefit one's health.

Grecian Ed

Exeter are after Brighton youngster Marc Leonard….

John William

FGR staff costs were £3.8m in 2019 :oops: That includes non-playing staff (I believe), but nevertheless that's double our budget.

This does include non footballing staff but numbers are small, only about a dozen, they are run very differently from most league clubs, still more like a semi-pro one.

But the key thing to remember is that players' wages can only be half "qualifying turnover", which includes Dale Vince's donations

The 2021 accounts (affected by covid so atypical) are available at the Companies House website, Dale Vince is the only shareholder and has been bankrolling them for many years.

Staff costs in a non-covid year would still be under £4m for about 70 staff of all types (we have over 200 in a normal year). Maybe ecotricity staff do a lot of the day to day admin?

All this means comparing ECFC with FGR is difficult if not impossible but doesn't suggest their P1 budget is far out of line with other L2 clubs. They have Vince's millions, we have transfer fees, both cannot be relied on long term.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exeter are after Brighton youngster Marc Leonard….

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
If correct it sounds like a promising signing, albeit very inexperienced although as we've seen with our own youngsters if they're good enough it doesn't matter.

Central midfielder.

More importantly, it's very difficult to make any puns from his name so it's a nay from me!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
More importantly, it's very difficult to make any puns from his name so it's a nay from me!
Marc my words, someone will try.