• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Where can we meet?
He's worth between 15-20 mil imo
Obviously a player is worth what a club is willing to pay, I just can't see a club being willing to splash out that sort of money for a player who is still massively unproven.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Obviously a player is worth what a club is willing to pay, I just can't see a club being willing to splash out that sort of money for a player who is still massively unproven.
I think the fact that he has a lot of international experience at such a young age in a Wales team that has done well is enough to put him well above 10 million..
A lot of carp players from abroad are bought for far more than that. He has also played several games in Serie A and the PL..
But, who knows for sure. You could be right, but I just don't think so.
Personally he's not one of my favourite players (hides under sofa) but that's not the point

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Where can we meet?
He's worth between 15-20 mil imo
In my opinion he has been unlucky with his loans Sheffield United for example were not relegated because of having a poor defence they just could not score for love or money…….so yes agree Indo worth £20 M minimum.

Boyo

IF he was "proven" then you'd be talking even higher figures. When you're buying a 21 year old you are (with a few exceptions) buying potential.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster

Last edited:

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Unfortunately the reality apart from perhaps Man City, Chelsea( apart from a brief glimmer of with Lampard) have the worst record of introducing young players. Ethan has proved he is premier league class but hasn't yet (in my opinion) done enough to justify breaking into the first team of a top 6 club. If it was up to me( and it ain't) I would be looking at a Wolves, Villa, or Brighton...
Sounds like Kwame or Ethan have been reading Exeweb!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
An amusing article stating (I think) a number of Italian clubs also interested in him. I think perhaps the article has been translated. Up the Metropolis! https://asacoop.net/wolves-switch-information-vagabonds-fascinated-about-ethan-ampadu/

Average Joe

do we get anything from the cash Chelsea make?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
20% of profit

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
For one so much in the know ............. do you need to ask?

This thread has only gone on so long in hope!

Be interesting if he does go if this will have a knock on effect with us being able to afford some new signings