• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think like most on here I have wanted to see Amps come good one of us and a decent pay day for ECFC. Refreshing my memory just as with Matt Grimes he never went out on loan and left us after only playing 9 first team games.

Before he left he had already been called up by Wales to join their squad but unlike Matt whom in my eyes from his introduction into the first team had always looked different class, all be it he was younger than Matt, apart from when he hit the post at the away end with a rasping drive (can’t remember who were playing) I could never really understand why he was in such demand but accepted there were many in the game better qualified to assess his ability.

Personally I think he has been poorly handled by Chelsea literally just chucked into the deep end and left to sink or swim. To my mind his development has been purely down to his own efforts and little or nothing to do with their coaches and there are areas of his game which need to be worked on not least despite playing a number of games in midfield he has only scored two goals throughout his career. Although he was very unlucky to have one disallowed due to another player being given offside in a recent WC qualifier.

I am still hoping we can get a decent pay day and if he stays with Chelsea and has a good WC that could still happen but I think it is going to be in his and indeed our best interests for him to move to a new Club permanently, hopefully from our point of view to a PS Club, as soon as possible.

We would then have some much needed cash to hand to MT to help the latter in his efforts to bring the right new faces into the Club before the window closes.

Last edited:

Average Joe

For one so much in the know ............. do you need to ask?

This thread has only gone on so long in hope!

Be interesting if he does go if this will have a knock on effect with us being able to afford some new signings
when did I say I’m in the know…
Look back all my previous posts, I ask many questions about stuff I don’t know..

a very bizarre post from you…

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
when did I say I’m in the know…
Look back all my previous posts, I ask many questions about stuff I don’t know..

a very bizarre post from you…
Try this from the summer transfer thread "I called the Alan Gow and Richards swap but everyone called me a liar, three days later… I used to give lots of info out as my old user however to save the constant abuse and accusations I now withhold the information"

Average Joe

Try this from the summer transfer thread "I called the Alan Gow and Richards swap but everyone called me a liar, three days later… I used to give lots of info out as my old user however to save the constant abuse and accusations I now withhold the information"
I know my shizzle about transfers, only because I have many friends at the club from playing youth football with some, i played for our youth but never made it due to not being good enough and during college I went back to do my work experience with the academy.

I know nothing about budgets etc or past players I just have a few mates who still play

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I know my shizzle about transfers, only because I have many friends at the club from playing youth football with some, i played for our youth but never made it due to not being good enough and during college I went back to do my work experience with the academy.

I know nothing about budgets etc or past players I just have a few mates who still play
Careless talk costs lives .

IndoMike

A lot of praise for Ethan, but maybe it's talk only.

andrew p long

Not in the Chelsea 20 (11 starters and 9 on the bench) again today. And Chelsea allegedly still throwing cash around. Really hope that whatever move (loan/permanent) happens in a planned way before deadline day.

ryancooper327

Two of Chelsea PL2's defence are from Exeter!

On the bench for Chelsea at Leeds this afternoon .

jimbo-gould

Am I right in thinking we were one pro game away from a pay out? Could a £250,000 instalment be coming our way if he gets on today…