• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Average Joe

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Such as who?! I'm with Colesman Ballz in that I can't think of too many players who might reasonably have been expected to attract an eight-figure transfer fee that Chelsea have allowed to wind down their contracts and leave for nothing.
You can quote this if it comes back to bite me but there is no way Chelsea can command an 8 figure fee for Ampadu.

Average Joe

You can quote this if it comes back to bite me but there is no way Chelsea can command an 8 figure fee for Ampadu.
Not a chance, 7.5m at most.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Chelsea get more than 5m for a player who has hardly featured for them and had a couple of average loan spells they have done very well.

jrg333

If Chelsea get more than 5m for a player who has hardly featured for them and had a couple of average loan spells they have done very well.
You think a versatile 21 year old, trained at an English club (and hence counting as a home-grown player), with experience in the Championship, Premiership, Bundesliga, and Serie A, and with 36 senior Wales caps is worth less than £5m in today's market??

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
You think a versatile 21 year old, trained at an English club (and hence counting as a home-grown player), with experience in the Championship, Premiership, Bundesliga, and Serie A, and with 36 senior Wales caps is worth less than £5m in today's market??
If I'm wrong, quote me and tear me to pieces. :D

Boyo

Nathan Ake only played 7 times in the PL for Chelsea. He had loan spells at Reading, Watford and Bournemouth, before being sold for £20m to Bournemouth.

Reactions: Ash

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Of course, you’re right. When pretty much all the big six were chasing Amps’ signature as a 16 or 17-year-old, he should have had the foresight to see the likes of you and Trapdoor would dismiss him as ‘a championship player at best’ and held out for a move to Bristol City or Luton! 🤣
Unfortunately the reality apart from perhaps Man City, Chelsea( apart from a brief glimmer of with Lampard) have the worst record of introducing young players. Ethan has proved he is premier league class but hasn't yet (in my opinion) done enough to justify breaking into the first team of a top 6 club. If it was up to me( and it ain't) I would be looking at a Wolves, Villa, or Brighton...

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
If I'm wrong, quote me and tear me to pieces. :D
Where can we meet?
He's worth between 15-20 mil imo

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately the reality apart from perhaps Man City, Chelsea( apart from a brief glimmer of with Lampard) have the worst record of introducing young players. Ethan has proved he is premier league class but hasn't yet (in my opinion) done enough to justify breaking into the first team of a top 6 club. If it was up to me( and it ain't) I would be looking at a Wolves, Villa, or Brighton...
He wouldn't get a game for those sides either.

He's only 21, has bags of potential but he's a long way from being an established premier league regular (in my opinion), that obviously isn't to say that he never will be.