• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

Trapdoor

No confirmation on the OS, but has been reported on Spotlight.
Ah yes the western bastion of FACTS. The same journos who pull stuff off exeweb and twitter and can barely read their autocues.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster

Grecian2K

Be funny if it were the Matt Taylor ex Walsall manager Rotherham were appointing and we're all getting our knickers in a twist over nothing. 😀
In the interests of nominative continuity if Matt Taylor v1.0 has really left perhaps the ex-Walsall version might be a thought.

Some out there might not even notice the change?

robchave

If there is no money available whatsoever then the current ownership model has reached the end of it's course. Also shows the whole Project 6000 concept dreamt up 12/18 months ago was a complete load of rubbish and as a club we need to quickly re-evaluate how we can increase income but the ownership situation is a another conversation for another thread.

But is it any wonder that MT has left after the frustration he showed during the summer and the perceived lack of backing? Let's just appoint from within because it's the easy & cheap option, wave the white flag this season and go back to L2 and enjoy our shiny new training ground building hoping we can sell someone for a couple million so we can continue patting each other on the back for a great job for a couple years...
Because there is no money available ABOVE our existing budget does not mean that there is 'no money available whatsoever'. It means we are operating according to our predetermined budget. That budget might, I don't know but might, inciude some funds earmarked for January. More funds might be available if our attendances are higher than forecast, or if there are unexpected player sales in January.
Twelve months ago we would all have been delighted to win promotion with the ambition of establishing ourselves as a L1 club. We've achieved L1 status and, immediately, various people seem unhappy that we haven't got 'ambition' and want to change our ownership model. If anyone ever thought that 'establishing ourselves in L1' was going to be easy, or that money would just flow in, you have to wonder where they've been for the last 20 years.

iscalad

Ah yes the western bastion of FACTS. The same journos who pull stuff off exeweb and twitter and can barely read their autocues.
Now on ITV local news

Cowshed Grecian

Why are people internally best placed to take us and our structure further forward?

Surely any business worth it's salt should be exploring all options both internally or externally before coming to a conclusion rather than just jumping to appoint the only person left in the existing structure because we want continuity. Isn't that what a proper interview process is for? To understand what an individual can bring to assist the whole business in achieving it's goals.

I know for a fact that there was a formal interview/presentation process for the Head of Academy Coaching role that interviewed numerous candidates so why should the first team manager's role (arguably the most important role at the club) be any different?

We haven't appointed a manager in L1/Div 3 for over 30 years so surely we should be taking our time to make sure we get the right person in?
I agree with you, i was saying exactly the same thing when we first appointed Taylor. I don't know if we just got lucky with him or it was a calculated board decision. I'll guess we will find out the direction the club intends to go with this appointment.

Average Joe

Out of curiosity in intrigued to know if the fans feel MT has left on good terms?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Out of curiosity in intrigued to know if the fans feel MT has left on good terms?
Sorry, I always feel like I'm quoting your posts and I don't want you to think I'm attacking you but what are you talking about? How would anyone possibly think he has left on bad terms?

fred binneys head

Of course he’s leaving on good terms, he’s a top bloke who has been an absolute legend for us as a player, a coach and then as manager. Always conducted himself with honesty and integrity. Top man, thanks KMT, you’ve been fantastic and have made being a City fan extremely enjoyable over the last few years 👍

Cowshed Grecian

Bad terms? Gets us promoted and builds probably our Best Ever side. Appreciation where he's leaving us is what i would of thought the fans must think? Legend