• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City versus Oxford United matchday thread

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is my take on the goals we conceded first half.

First goal Archie has to shoulder most of the blame. Caught in possession then had to foul to prevent a shot on goal. The wall also did a terrible job.

Second goal I thought Blackman should have done better with the initial shot.

Third goal Nombe shouldn't have been caught in possession but Caprice was culpable. He should have come inside and closed down. Instead he dropped right off to mark...absolutely no-one.
Just watched the first goal back several times and I still have no clue what Harper is doing. With the ball travelling along the ground he jumps up to provide it with an unhindered route to the net.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just watched the first goal back several times and I still have no clue what Harper is doing. With the ball travelling along the ground he jumps up to provide it with an unhindered route to the net.
It looks daft but a lot of teams have a player lying on the ground to prevent that happening.

grecIAN Harris

This is my take on the goals we conceded first half.

First goal Archie has to shoulder most of the blame. Caught in possession then had to foul to prevent a shot on goal. The wall also did a terrible job.

Second goal I thought Blackman should have done better with the initial shot.

Third goal Nombe shouldn't have been caught in possession but Caprice was culpable. He should have come inside and closed down. Instead he dropped right off to mark...absolutely no-one.
You're being generous. Collins was completely culpable for the first one. He had a first time pass on that he didn't use and kept hold of the ball, lost it and then gave away the foul. The wall only got done by the scorer being cute and hitting the ball along the deck.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seemed to work ok under Taylor
Firstly, I’m not advocating Kev should get the job. Secondly, point me in the direction of a match under KMT in the last two seasons when only one of Key, Stubbs, Grounds, Sweeney, Diabate, or Hartridge has completed the full 90 minutes. I haven’t looked, but would be surprised if there was one.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
A third? It looked like about 50 kids to me.
You're joking right? Floods of people left leaving big noticeable gaps in the bank. If 50 left it wouldn't be noticeable. My guess would be 500+. Pathetic.

grecIAN Harris

Firstly, I’m not advocating Kev should get the job. Secondly, point me in the direction of a match under KMT in the last two seasons when only one of Key, Stubbs, Grounds, Sweeney, Diabate, or Hartridge has completed the full 90 minutes. I haven’t looked, but would be surprised if there was one.
I presuming you're on about the lack of choice of centre backs, quite rightly, but why have you included Key in that list?

dommers

I presuming you're on about the lack of choice of centre backs, quite rightly, but why have you included Key in that list?
He has played as right sided centre back for the previous 4 games

Reactions: Egg

Grecian Max

Looks like a reality check today regarding expectation etc. We are too easy to play against when the other team presses. It’s nothing new and goes back to Tisdale. We never have a plan B other than lump it forward and hope for the best. Quite funny though reading the comments. This is not bad. It’s just where we are as a Club that is self financing. Bad will be getting stuffed by Argyle. That is bad. It’s all part of the fun of supporting City. Some good times occasionally but largely just muddling along on the periphery watching the boom and bust of everyone else enjoying their five minutes of fame till the money runs out…..
KevIN !

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
As Dommers says, above.

Grecian Max

There's quite a bit of whataboutery with your posts Egg. Regardless of squad excuses we were completely at sea today - and I think the problem lay in midfield not defence.