• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City versus Oxford United matchday thread

dommers

But he isn't actually a centre back and, as he has shown, has very little aptitude of being one.
Although our record with him as a centre back is 2-1-1 which I'd settle for over a season

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was in the bank. No-one around me left. Not one person.
They were streaming out past us. Trouble is that these people are the ones who won't be back next week.

milts

It took us .ten years to get out of div 2 ... And here we are going into matches without enough players.. ITS FU##ING RIDICULOUS.... Sorry but were getting full.. ish houses every home game.. and supposedly we're in a position we don't have to sell players to survive well the team/squad needs investment..2 or 3 players need to be brought in, and it needs doing SOONER rather than later, it's a totally false economy not to invest.... the higher future transfer fees our youngsters will fetch having played in div1 , alone, will cover the extra investment.. as the last 2 results have shown this division punishes weakness and atm were weak.. and it needs to be addressed.

100% spot on.

Memphis09

Yes. Both Nombe and Brown were distinctly disinterested all game long. Sweeney was little more than a spoilt brat who’s just been told no in the toy shop for the first time in his life, Stansfield was little better. Harper was aimlessly booting the ball anywhere but to a red shirt, Blackman could barely stifle a yawn at having to be on the pitch, Hartridge was constantly covering up mistakes he and his fellow defenders were making through either misplaced passes or dawdling on the ball too long.

The only players who looked vaguely like giving the paying public value for money were Archie Collins and the substitutes. The rest were shadows of the players we’ve enjoyed watching previously this season, which to me shows a lack of respect for the manager. If they did have any, they would at least have looked as though they were trying.

Injuries don’t make you look like you couldn’t give a toss.
Sorry don’t agree about Sweeney never a booking and at least he showed some passion and desire to have a go at the poor ref and linesman
Also Brown was nowhere near as bad as you make out
Agree with everything else you say Collins was MOM for me
Thought all the subs did well

Memphis09

Caprice was at fault today and on Tuesday for a goal in each game. Not strong enough and doesn't really offer enough for me. With a fully fit squad he's on the bench.
Agree Caprice is to lightweight and does not tackle with any power

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree Caprice is to lightweight and does not tackle with any power
He was working quite well in front of Key but yesterday the right side of the pitch was all over the place particularly in the first half.

Memphis09

Try looking ten yards in front and you might find the problem. We are only playing with two in central midfield, due to the lack of fit numbers, instead of the usual three not to mention the blindingly obvious of playing Key (who has almost no understanding of his responsibilities back there) back there. Get Stubbs or Diabate back in there and watch things tighten up immeadiately and go back to three in the centre of midfield and watch things tighten up even more.
I would love to see Stubbs back there but I have a feeling his career is ending as a professional player
I have no knowledge of the state of his knee but after having pre season off and hardly playing for three months into the season and no reports of the state of his injury or return date
Such a shame there is a very good player there who should be playing at least championship football

Memphis09

He was working quite well in front of Key but yesterday the right side of the pitch was all over the place particularly in the first half.
Sorry but I think with a full squad if that ever happens be would not be starting
Just needs to learn how to tackle

Memphis09

Blackman had a worse game than the last bad game. He was at fault in some way with all four Oxford goals. Letting half hit shots go past him, and into the corner of the net, and that fourth goal where he was beaten from a ridiculous angle. Sorry, theres a reason emerging now as to why he moves from club to club. Time for us to move him on. Let Lee have a go, hes been waiting in the wings long enough. Blackman might look like a regular David James, but appearance is where the similarity ends.
Thought he was a decent goalie when he started here.
Agree thought he was at fault or at least done much better for three of there goals

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
It took us .ten years to get out of div 2 ... And here we are going into matches without enough players.. ITS FU##ING RIDICULOUS.... Sorry but were getting full.. ish houses every home game.. and supposedly we're in a position we don't have to sell players to survive well the team/squad needs investment..2 or 3 players need to be brought in, and it needs doing SOONER rather than later, it's a totally false economy not to invest.... the higher future transfer fees our youngsters will fetch having played in div1 , alone, will cover the extra investment.. as the last 2 results have shown this division punishes weakness and atm were weak.. and it needs to be addressed.

Where do you think you're getting these players in from before January? There is only one place, players without a club. Have you had a look at the centre backs who haven't got a club? There is a reason they haven't got a club............