• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bolton Wanderers - Matchday Thread

grecianfaniow

ah well the lads need to sort themselves out **** the manager, if they played ok without his input then go back to basics surely? Taylor to get sacked comes back to City is my dream right now. UTC

Bat Fastard

not looking forward to the new manager bounce ending.....

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Woeful first half.
but a better second half.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
You have got to wait until January and see what he can do in the transfer window,but as it stands at the moment,I don't believe in Caldwell and what he is doing.I need to see some positive results on the pitch to be convinced.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
It would be nice if the post match interview asked a few searching questions - especially the thinking behind the constant Nombe non starting situation.
The only way I can make any sense of it is if we made some kind of agreement with Fulham that Stansfield must start if fit.

Nothing against Jay, but if it's a toss up between him and Nombe then I'd have thought it would make much more sense to start with Sam and use Jay off the bench.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
but a better second half.
Everything is relative.

milts

I’m sure I read a comment when he was appointed from a Chesterfield/Patrick Thistle fan that there will be a player/s that play far less than they should. Seems that player is Nombe.

We have one of the best front three in the league. We just never play them together.

With the defence as shit as it is we may as well start all 3 and go for it.

i8cornwall

You have to be really poor to make Whites look that good.

Safe travels back to everyone heading back, anyone staying up norf search out the Bolton Gin Company bar.

CraigECFC

The only way I can make any sense of it is if we made some kind of agreement with Fulham that Stansfield must start if fit.

Nothing against Jay, but if it's a toss up between him and Nombe then I'd have thought it would make much more sense to start with Sam and use Jay off the bench.
Or you just play a team with Nombe, Brown & Stanno all in it? Not that hard to make a squad around our 3 best forwards that work so well together.

StudentGrecian

I don’t think there’s much point in calling for Caldwell’s head, nothing will change unless we are deep in a relegation fight, which feels unlikely. I thought he was a terrible choice at the time, but a nice PowerPoint convinced the decision makers. We’re stuck with it, so let’s hope January goes well, as it’s bloody difficult market to be working in!