• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MK Dons versus Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
My thoughts as I sit in the service station on the way home:

First half we were pretty poor, the only moment of real quality was the build up to the penalty which looked soft. Harper and Collins were slow to the ball and MK looked good, they moved the ball quickly and pressed us well when we were in possession. If we’re honest, we should have been 1 or 2 down at half time but MK don’t have anyone that can finish.

Second half Collins and Harper were much better, they played with more territorial discipline and were quicker to the ball. As a result we began to play well and, whilst we weren’t dominating, we looked much better. It was good to see Archie play well in the second half to shut up the morons giving him grief in the first half (“f*** off to Rotherham”, etc). Some people really are utter tw@ts.

Jevani’s goal was well deserved but took a little luck to deflect the ball into his path. Neat finish though, which we’ve come to expect from the master.

We then managed the game really well, we wasted time well without taking the ****, we snuffed out their limited threats really well and we kept possession up top, with Stanno and Mitchell playing impressive cameos.

Two concerns for me though:

1. Jokull didn’t take a goal kick in the last 20 minutes - Alex and then Sweenz took them instead - has he got an injury during this game?

2. I really hope I’m wrong with this one but I think Jevani was saying goodbye to us at the end. He came over the the fans and gave his child a kiss and a hug, but he blew kisses and waved to us all for ages. Like I say, I’d love to be wrong, but that’s what it looked like to me.

Summary: well done to GC and the squad, another impressive win ground out against a tough opponent. The new lad Mitchell looks quality, as does Joe White (even though Joe wasn’t particularly impressive today). We move on to Charlton next week, geddon City!
Might it not be that he was just sharing his delight of a 2 goal haul and celebrating same with the City supporters.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
So what is the general concensus on Rakeem Harper today? A couple of mates of mine at the game said he had a decent, tidy enough game.
Played well tbf

grecIAN Harris

Yes he did, he grew into the game, was off the pace early on but had a strong second half.
I don't know if you went to Village Green but in that game he sat off and played the 'quarter back' role for us. It was by far and away his best performance for City so far, did he play that similar sort of role today?

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Eh ? FG who dey ? 😎
FG=Failed Goalscorers =MK = Me being mentally drained after watching such a fine win from City..

Flattered by two nil but glad I made the late decision to hop on the train from Watford. I went to Portsmouth last weekend and thought we were better than today but I'll take the win all day long. I agree with the message above that it looked Jevani was waving goodbye. He took his second goal really well and although I only make a handful of games every season he has always impressed me.

Also good to bump into an old school mate I haven't seen for years. After nearly 30 years in exile it's easy to lose touch with your roots.

Red Devon

Well done City an excellent three points on the road 👍

Grecian2K

Watching those MK misses perhaps Mr Winkleman is regretting not "cashing in on his Eisa's" earlier in the transfer window?

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Jevani does go ,then this is the second time in the transfer window that Caldwell has assured us that players won't be going and been proved wrong.Could do with the interviewer asking him how well informed is the backroom team keeping him of that side of the management of the club.

Rosencrantz

If Jevani does go ,then this is the second time in the transfer window that Caldwell has assured us that players won't be going and been proved wrong.Could do with the interviewer asking him how well informed is the backroom team keeping him of that side of the management of the club.
He didn't assure us that no one is going though. Just that we had no bids at that time and it would take a very big bid at this stage for it to be accepted.

Midland Red

Main commentator Jim Dale is excellent