• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

ryancooper327

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

ryancooper327

If Key Goes abroad do we still get a compensation fee?
Nope! Would be a bad outcome all round (for us, not him!) apart from keeping him until the end of the season.

Simba3011

Luton just lost their starting RB to Southampton for £750k so perhaps they will be more inclined to panic to get a replacement in

ryancooper327

Luton just lost their starting RB to Southampton for £750k so perhaps they will be more inclined to panic to get a replacement in
They have loaned in a top prospect RB from Leeds though. I think Luton would be a great next step for Key.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Legally no - he's under contract.
So if we accept an offer from $hithole FC for £1m he has to go there? Probably not I'd have thought. "I'm happy to stay in Exeter until May and see what happens then". My point is that if he thinks this it has to be taken into account

Agent Andy

Oh that old chestnut , multi offers from abroad , probably Scotland which sees city get no compensation. Going down the pond route to force city’s hand 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bridgy 81

They have loaned in a top prospect RB from Leeds though. I think Luton would be a great next step for Key.
If there’s any truth in Key to Luton maybe they plan to use Drameh on loan from Leeds as their starting full back for the rest of this season whilst Josh settles in.
Presumably Rob Edwards would have seen him at close quarters a few times when we played FGR.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
£500,000 from Luton then?

Agent Andy

£500,000 from Luton then?
Or nothing in the summer , I know what I’d do , cash in now and buy a top striker like the notts county lad mcauley langstaff , 23 in 27 games or something like that 👌