• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This is all that needs to be said for the moment

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is all that needs to be said for the moment

Shame we can't get an Emergency Striker in like you can for a goalie !
UTC

tonykellowfan

Personally I would be happy for him to play for the club while this is ongoing. He is innocent until proven otherwise.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Personally I would be happy for him to play for the club while this is ongoing. He is innocent until proven otherwise.
I think that there is a wider point affecting any player who has the misfortune to find themselves in this position. Is it right to suspend them from training ? In this case it will be a minimum of a five week layoff. Should it transpire that the Club wishes him to play at the conclusion of proceedings then it will take a further period to get him back up to match fitness and speed. :unsure:

haka

In the eyes of the law, certainly true (as it always should be), and of course we must not speculate about the case on here.

But by the same logic, that would be true for any charge. So if a player were charged with mass murder or littering, the legal status would be the same.

The club has to decide the threshold, and obviously a murder-accused would not be playing. Opinions will vary on what that threshold should be, but "innocent until proven guilty" is not enough in itself, because everybody is.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tend to agree, although I guess the club now has to be consistent. They took the stance to not include him in training/ match day squads when this first blew up, so it wouldn’t look good if they changed tac and put him back in the fold.

I wonder if he’s training privately as the longer this goes on, the more his fitness will suffer.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
The disappointing thing is that everything is now still in limbo and for those of us as supporters of the Club very frustrating still not sure whether or not he will be available to help us over the 50 points line and safety.

He is without doubt our best player and the next few games against some of weaker teams in the league with him in the team would have been very winnable.

Without him as has shown since the MK Dons it could be a very different story unless GC can pull the mythical rabbit out of the hat with the same range of creative skills.

Either way it looks as if the earliest game he could be ready for is likely to be at SJP 25th March against Accrington.

Last edited:

wiveygrecian

Exactly so would I . When Joey Barton was waiting for his court appearance did he get relieved by Rovers of his management duties? No . So get Jevani back in the squad . And yes he has been training

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tend to agree, although I guess the club now has to be consistent. They took the stance to not include him in training/ match day squads when this first blew up, so it wouldn’t look good if they changed tac and put him back in the fold.

I wonder if he’s training privately as the longer this goes on, the more his fitness will suffer.
The statement said 'He will not be selected to play during this period.

Bat Fastard

Real kick in the teeth this (not discussing the case here). Turned down cash now looks likely to run down his contract without kicking a ball. Tend to agree that we should be playing him until he’s found guilty, especially give how toothless we look at the minute