• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Cambridge Utd - Discussion and prediction thread

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have season ticket holders been sent an email and easy link to be able to give their ticket back to the club to give/resell if they are unable to attend before each game?
A link to what? I don't think our ticketing system currently offers this functionality.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I will say GC coming out and saying they’re 100% behind him sort of gets in the way of the club trying to keep themselves on the higher moral ground. The whole point of him not playing is surely because they’re worried about bad PR but this comment to Devon Live undermines that standpoint…

100% behind him would mean he starts. So they’re not. Feel like they’ve fumbled this now a bit, difficult line to walk but a no comment would have been better for all parties.
Looking at GC's comments in relation to Jevani it does say 100% commited to looking after him in the 2nd sentence, during this period.

My head says not a lot to see tbh, if he's discussing ensuring he is looked after and making sures he ok etc. Then I would agree that's what the club should do until investigations and the court case have taken place.

I'm not particularly cynical on this part, the club have a lot more info and surely are making decisions in the clubs and Jevani's interest to protect the club and also Jevani, along with others involved in the case. I think we can only judge this one in hindsight after the court case tbh. I certainly don't know enough to make a properly fair judgement here and now re. Jevani.

If he does mean as you think GM then we may hear more of this down the line. Suppose watch this space

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
A link to what? I don't think our ticketing system currently offers this functionality.
It's the City for All initiative.
If we know someone won't be using a ticket they have we can offer it out to someone else who may not otherwise have been able to purchase.

To give up a ticket so it can be offered to others:
[email protected]

To make a financial donation towards the scheme
https://newtickets.ecfc.co.uk/donations/

For those who want to apply for use of a surrendered ticket
https://forms.office.com/e/MDgbqEF8Jh

Scheme launch article:

Most recent article/update on the scheme:

Spoonz Red E

Also a quick email to [email protected] would work.
Just state your name, the ticket order reference (printed on the ticket) and the specific ticket or tickets within that order that aren't being used.

Last edited:

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's the City for All initiative.
If we know someone won't be using a ticket they have we can offer it out to someone else who may not otherwise have been able to purchase.

To give up a ticket so it can be offered to others:
[email protected]

To make a financial donation towards the scheme
https://newtickets.ecfc.co.uk/donations/

For those who want to apply for use of a surrendered ticket
https://forms.office.com/e/MDgbqEF8Jh

Scheme launch article:

Most recent article/update on the scheme:
This scheme looks a fantastic scheme. During the period of great difficulty for many, we forgot how sometimes just escaping to sjp can be really beneficial to someone's mental health amongst other things. Well done to all involved with this scheme and those whom have donated. Whilst I'm not in a position that I need it now, many city fans are in this position and its great they can have a chance to get along to sjp when they maybe wouldn't have

tom_ecfc

That was kind of my post, why not? And can this be added to the scheme? The easier it is the best for everyone.

Red Bill

Bleddy hate shirt tugging me :mad: even though Sweenz is a skilled practitioner of the dark art and I bleddy love Sweenz. :)

Several years ago a Premiership ref had a go at stamping out shirt tugging. It might have been Steve Tanner. Sadly MOTD commentators failed to support him saying its all part and parcel of the game and tolerances need to be allowed for it. Blah blah. Might have been Shearer among them.

I also detest the holding, mauling and pushing and shoving at corners and set pieces. :mad:
Not sure if it's the same time you were talking about, but I also remember Alan Shearer on MotD say "you can give a pen for that, if you did you'd be have 12 pens every game!". I remember thinking ar the time that you might get 12 pens a game for a couple of weeks until players realised they couldn't get away with it, then it would stop!

Alistair20000

Not sure if it's the same time you were talking about, but I also remember Alan Shearer on MotD say "you can give a pen for that, if you did you'd be have 12 pens every game!". I remember thinking ar the time that you might get 12 pens a game for a couple of weeks until players realised they couldn't get away with it, then it would stop!
I think that is indeed the occasion Bill. Thanks for reminding me of the fuller content of Shearer’s nonsense (y)

Colesman Ballz

That reminds me a bit of the more recent attempt to stop the wrestling contests in the box at corners and free kicks. Right at the start of the season two penalties were awarded in one Premier League game, but before September was out the whole initiative
had been largely forgotten and it was back to "as you were" ! :(

tonykellowfan

Nothing has changed for me as to what I consider our best line-up and team:

3-5-2

Hartridge-Aimson-Sweeney
Mitchell-Kite-McDonald-Collins-Key
Nombe-Stansfield
I just want to report this for smug points