• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Argyle - Matchday Thread

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
No he wasn't. Had a credible game.
He really didn’t. Credible game? He was chasing shadows for most of it, lightweight, ineffective and not of this standard as it stands. Subbed and rightly so - should have been even earlier.

Colesman Ballz

I doubt if Andy is the only one. :ROFLMAO:
Hands up, I certainly took some solace after today's game sinking a Yellowhammer or two in FECRACE. In such times you grab it wherever you can. Ollie's brace and assist helped to further soften the blow a little ! 🍺 🤪

Rosencrantz

It was a game where neither midfield really was overly involved. First time I noticed Finn Azaz was when he was subbed.

Colesman Ballz

Collins was also awful, yes
Evening "General" ! 😁

crocks

I wonder if Collins has a transfer deal in his pocket already. Might help to explain his half hearted performances recently

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sigh. Going to the game?
As stated in my original post, I watched the game following my son's under 8s game on I Follow. My son's under 8 game had a lot more quality about it to boot.

I did manage to avoid the result and we watched as live, which tbh I really wish I hadn't. Don't mind the losing part, but the game was turgid.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nailed on! Far easier bet to place than Delta Force or the like in the 5.15 at Aintree :)
If only it has transpired that way, If any individual deserved to score the winner in today's game it was Stanno.

Bridgy 81

I wonder if Collins has a transfer deal in his pocket already. Might help to explain his half hearted performances recently
Even if he has, it’s disrespectful to him, in my opinion, to imply he wasn’t trying today.
I moved around a bit in my career but never debilerately or unconsciously underperformed in my notice period.
Archie has been a great player for us and I hope he stays.

crocks

Even if he has, it’s disrespectful to him, in my opinion, to imply he wasn’t trying today.
I moved around a bit in my career but never debilerately or unconsciously underperformed in my notice period.
Archie has been a great player for us and I hope he stays.
Not disrespectful in the slightest. Just trying to understand such a dip in form.

Citys midfield was weak today.

Story of the last few games, didn't score when on top, and concede a sloppy goal.
Neither side deserved anything from that.
Drysdale needs to grow a pair and get his cards out for time wasting.
He also should have given Stansfield 2 yellows...