• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2023

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ah. I thought it might've been Sheriff G. W. Pepper from those James Bond films.
I think he has shuffled off this mortal coil and to call him Dr Pepper would be just wrong :(

Salt, Pepper and Mustard are of course all wicket keeper batsmen.:)

Alistair20000

Special mention of Ben Green’s bowling in the T20 which has become invaluable to Somerset. Just medium pace but difficult to get away and picks up lots of wickets in the same way as Darren Stevens, Dimi Mascarenhas and Benny Howell as just three examples.

The tache needs to go mind as it reminds me too much of Marchant de Lange :)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Special mention of Ben Green’s bowling in the T20 which has become invaluable to Somerset. Just medium pace but difficult to get away and picks up lots of wickets in the same way as Darren Stevens, Dimi Mascarenhas and Benny Howell as just three examples.

The tache needs to go mind as it reminds me too much of Marchant de Lange :)
Agree about the 'tache. And a better haircut while he's about it.

Alistair20000

Agree about the 'tache. And a better haircut while he's about it.
Indeed. I will have a word in his shell like.

Bridgy 81

IMG_1141.jpeg
On one of my frequent visits to my local library today I saw this book and took it out.
On the inside sleeve it poses questions such as:
How valuable is winning the toss?
Why does a cricket ball swing?
Why don’t Indians bat left-handed?
Why are leg-spinners so successful in T20 cricket?
Presumably the book attempts to provide some answers.
I plan to read it whilst following the forthcoming Ashes series.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
James Vince. 👑

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Middlesex at the moment in the slogging - I commented on the Middx CCC Facebook page the other day that there are only three things wrong with the side at the moment. (You know the rest...)

I had the misfortune of tuning in to the streams of the Somerset and Gloucestershire "matches". Thankfully tonight I've got our committee meeting so I won't be able to watch our latest humiliation.

Alistair20000

Re: Middlesex at the moment in the slogging - I commented on the Middx CCC Facebook page the other day that there are only three things wrong with the side at the moment. (You know the rest...)

I had the misfortune of tuning in to the streams of the Somerset and Gloucestershire "matches". Thankfully tonight I've got our committee meeting so I won't be able to watch our latest humiliation.
The tide has to turn at some point. T20 the most likely format to serve up a surprise result. Hampshire may implode as they did in the first match against Somerset and in fairness to your boys they made a decent fist of it for 16 overs in the match at the Rose Bowl until the dreadful batting collapse.

Colesman Ballz

Here to be of service.

An easy win for Somerset helped by some fairly abysmal cricket from the Welsh who had got off to a good, quick start and looked set to post at least the par score for this ground of 177 but rather like Hampshire on Wednesday they lost focus and collapsed losing their last 9 wickets for 82 on a pitch that was much less spicy than the one used then.
Hard to see Glamorgan getting out of the group on the evidence of tonight.
The Welsh turning out to be a bit of "a surprise packet". Their poor showing at Taunton being their only loss, having triumphed in every other fixture.

Alistair20000

The Welsh turning out to be a bit of "a surprise packet". Their poor showing at Taunton being their only loss, having triumphed in every other fixture.
Yep. Fair chance of getting a QF I think.