• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Lincoln City Matchday Thread.

One of the reasons I didn't go today,,treated like a criminal last home match. Twats
I never have any trouble getting my bag full of Pyro in, saving it for the day Scott scores a hat trick 💥 💥

dontpassback

A point is better than none,we were all over the place first half,but second half we showed some intent and If Demi had squared it to Scott we may well have won it.muske isn’t up to it and needs to go back to Luton asap,wildschutt caused problems,but there was no need for harper to throw himself to the ground,so good in parts but room for improvement UTC !

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fot the boys to come back from conceding yet another poor goal was very positive. Deep down most of us expected to lose that game 2-0 if the script took it's usual format. The idea they aren't behind the Manager can be parked and gary's subs and tactical switch of Mitchell and Harper changed the dynamic. Someone needs to hold their hands up behind the scenes regards Admiral as even if his profile fits our style a player who had zilch pre season and an existing muscular injury is clearly not a player in the short term that should have been signed!

Football changes quickly and I fully expect us to give Middlesboro a game and to comfortably beat Wigan next week

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
One of the reasons I didn't go today,,treated like a criminal last home match. Twats
Last week going in from Stadium Way the stewards were ridiculous. I had to take my wallet out of my jeans. Then the replica shirt i just bought out of my coat pocket too even though it was clearly visible. Neither would have looked like a potential weapon.

Today I entered from the jungle path and the stewards there didn't bat an eyelid.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
The first half was similar to last week in a lack of confidence and cohesion, especially off the ball, but did have a bit more intent in patches. I actually thought Scott put a decent shift in and got himself a few attempts on goal. The header before half time he was waiting for it to drop over the defender and didn't quite time it as he would have liked. Muskwe is clearly struggling and should have scored his chance before half time. The one time he did link up play well lead to Scott's chance and that whole move was a glimpse of what we were doing well early in the season.

Going one down to a poor goal again on the run we are on could easily have been an excuse for the players to throw the towel in and think here we go again but they didn't. I thought they showed the right fight and desire to get back into the game. The substitutions certainly helped. Carroll gave us a bit more control with the ball, Yan gave us some drive and impetus.

The turning point, as well as the Lincoln miss, was switching Demi and Harps. I thought Demi, by his standards, was having a quiet game on the left and Harps looking out of sorts on the right. The switch certainly brought both into the game more, especially Demi. The assist was classic wing play and a classic midfielder goal, ghosting into space to hear in by Trev. Demi then should have won it. I don't blame him for shooting as the far post was wide open but he didn't connect properly with the shot. Instead of curling it in, it just went straight on. A slight miss hit.

I thought Cole put everything into the game and didn't mind him and Sweenz having a go. They both wanted better and there is nothing wrong with that. The downside is Cole and Aitcheson both picking up injuries and Vinny looked in some distress at the end walking of with the physio.

In the end, a hard fought point. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. The players need to use it as a stepping stone to better.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's still very tight in that league.Lincoln 5 points ahead of us in 8th place.They certainly weren't play off material today when they were giving possession away as much as us.If only we could stick the ball in the net...

JGrecian23

Well that was no better than last week. Giving a bit of urgency for the last 10 mins when you are losing doesn't make it a decent performance.

Reece Cole was getting pelters behind me today, yes he gives it away but he tries to play forward and is certainly not one of our biggest problems.

Mitchell looks the most likely but he had to square that chance after the equaliser.

Exehausted

The first half was similar to last week in a lack of confidence and cohesion, especially off the ball, but did have a bit more intent in patches. I actually thought Scott put a decent shift in and got himself a few attempts on goal. The header before half time he was waiting for it to drop over the defender and didn't quite time it as he would have liked. Muskwe is clearly struggling and should have scored his chance before half time. The one time he did link up play well lead to Scott's chance and that whole move was a glimpse of what we were doing well early in the season.

Going one down to a poor goal again on the run we are on could easily have been an excuse for the players to throw the towel in and think here we go again but they didn't. I thought they showed the right fight and desire to get back into the game. The substitutions certainly helped. Carroll gave us a bit more control with the ball, Yan gave us some drive and impetus.

The turning point, as well as the Lincoln miss, was switching Demi and Harps. I thought Demi, by his standards, was having a quiet game on the left and Harps looking out of sorts on the right. The switch certainly brought both into the game more, especially Demi. The assist was classic wing play and a classic midfielder goal, ghosting into space to hear in by Trev. Demi then should have won it. I don't blame him for shooting as the far post was wide open but he didn't connect properly with the shot. Instead of curling it in, it just went straight on. A slight miss hit.

I thought Cole put everything into the game and didn't mind him and Sweenz having a go. They both wanted better and there is nothing wrong with that. The downside is Cole and Aitcheson both picking up injuries and Vinny looked in some distress at the end walking of with the physio.

In the end, a hard fought point. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. The players need to use it as a stepping stone to better.
Sums how I saw the game, so thanks for saving me a lot of typing!

Grecianpasty

Big shout out to Yannic. He's grown into a useful, impact player off the bench in the last couple games. Glad I was wrong about his input for the team previously.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
At last a sign that the players do care although the one player to play well is once again Mitchell without him we would be well and truly up the creek without the proverbial paddle.
The trouble is that our spineless Club Board will sell him to the first club who offer two and sixpence in Jan rather than lose him for free in the summer, so we will be headed up that creek right enough ! :(