• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Old Oak. Directed by Ken Loach the film is based in a northern village, a former mining village which has seen so much decline since the mine closed. The pub is still the centre of the village and plays a pivotable role in events. Life changes when some Syrian refugees are placed in the village. Depressing and uplifting. 7/10.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Dune Part Two. Visually stunning, and I'm looking forward to seeing it in an Imax as it deserves a big screen and big sound. I'm still not sure about the story telling but thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon at the local cinema. 10/10.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ferrari. Ironic that what for some conjours up images of thrills and excitement should spawn such an utterly dull film. I’ve seen some boring pretentious tosh in my time but this was right up there, and as usual any film which shows scenes of racing gets it hopelessly wrong with wrong gear changes, engine notes and how the actors behave behind the wheel. This takes it to a whole new level though with the crash in testing at the start looking like a child had thrown a toy car at a wall.

Laughable, excerable, I gave up long before the end. Two families out of ten V12s

Banksy

Ferrari. Ironic that what for some conjours up images of thrills and excitement should spawn such an utterly dull film. I’ve seen some boring pretentious tosh in my time but this was right up there, and as usual any film which shows scenes of racing gets it hopelessly wrong with wrong gear changes, engine notes and how the actors behave behind the wheel. This takes it to a whole new level though with the crash in testing at the start looking like a child had thrown a toy car at a wall.

Laughable, excerable, I gave up long before the end. Two families out of ten V12s
Had just put it on my Sky to watch list.From what you say not worth wasting my time so will take it off.Plenty to watch elsewhere anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

DB9

Sounds very disappointing considering the story, Should have been very high octane. The only film I really enjoyed of that genre is Rush, The story of the rivalry between James Hunt and Nickki Lauda, That film, especially at the cinema was awesome.

Rosencrantz

Sounds very disappointing considering the story, Should have been very high octane. The only film I really enjoyed of that genre is Rush, The story of the rivalry between James Hunt and Nickki Lauda, That film, especially at the cinema was awesome.
I liked Rush as well and I thought Ford Vs Ferrari was good but tend to go more for the documentary films about F1. Senna is obviously the big player in that market but I have also enjoyed William's and McLaren, about Frank and Bruce respectively. Williams in particular gives an insight into Frank's obsessive drive which will make you either admire his wife Ginny's unconditional love and support (especially after his rather self inflicted accident) or wonder how she put up with it.

Oldsmobile-88

Duel(1971)

Previously not seen it for about 40 years. It’s still a enthralling film about a Truck Rig & Automobile on a highway across the Majove Desert, California.
The emptiness of the roads, then the roar of the trucks exhaust for startling effect must have sounded great in the cinema. Loved the scene in Chucks Cafe, where the car driver try’s to work out who is the Truck driver.

Duel was made by ABC as a TV movie, before Universal released it in cinemas with a additional 15 mins added.

I love a American road movie from that era. This one is better than Vanishing Point(1971)

9/10

DB9

Duel(1971)

Previously not seen it for about 40 years. It’s still a enthralling film about a Truck Rig & Automobile on a highway across the Majove Desert, California.
The emptiness of the roads, then the roar of the trucks exhaust for startling effect must have sounded great in the cinema. Loved the scene in Chucks Cafe, where the car driver try’s to work out who is the Truck driver.

Duel was made by ABC as a TV movie, before Universal released it in cinemas with a additional 15 mins added.

I love a American road movie from that era. This one is better than Vanishing Point(1971)

9/10
Spielberg's first movie I believe, Brilliant film.

DB9

Fandango from 1985 was a good road movie.

Banksy

Duel(1971)

9/10
Sniffing around my local charity shop just before I left Kent , I managed to pick up the steel book special version of the movie for the exorbitant sum of ten pence!