• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fandango from 1985 was a good road movie.
I haven’t seen that movie.
Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry(1974) is a great road chase film with a unexpected ending. Peter Fonda & Susan George starred in that one.

Reactions: DB9

berniesworld

Watched Top Gun: Maverick last night, just fancied something I didn’t have to concentrate much on………fantastic camera work with the jets, even watched the extras afterwards.

grecIAN Harris

Wicked Little Letters. Starring Olivia Colman. It wasn't funny as I had expected but still a good way to wile away 100 minutes of an afternoon. The story is based in Littlehampton, and concerns some fairly awful letters that people start receiving with very fruity language. Plenty of swearing in this British film and Rose (played by Jessie Buckley) us thought to be the culprit. If you can cope with all the swearing then the film is enjoyable enough. 6/10.
I saw the trailer to that before I saw Marley. It looked like it should be good.

elginCity

The Old Oak. Directed by Ken Loach the film is based in a northern village, a former mining village which has seen so much decline since the mine closed. The pub is still the centre of the village and plays a pivotable role in events. Life changes when some Syrian refugees are placed in the village. Depressing and uplifting. 7/10.
Netlix. Agree with the 7/10 rating. Cheesy at times, some good one liners and quotes, but the underlying message of hope is a powerful one. The sort of film, the last from Loach probably, you'd hope everyone could get to watch and reflect upon.

Antony Moxey

Started watching Asteroid City last night. It would appear that about 99% of the budget went on hiring a stellar cast and what was left over on the writers. Nothing whatsoever on the sets - basically everything was block coloured like a David Hockney painting. We gave up after about 20 minutes, there was no plot, no dialogue worth listening to, no cinematography, no reason to waste a minute more on possibly the worst film I think I’ve ever seen. I do genuinely wonder why some stuff ever gets made. Zero bright blue skies out of ten wasted actors.

Stelios

Netlix. Agree with the 7/10 rating. Cheesy at times, some good one liners and quotes, but the underlying message of hope is a powerful one. The sort of film, the last from Loach probably, you'd hope everyone could get to watch and reflect upon.

Loach has done some great films but he does lay it on a bit thick at times. I’m a lifelong ABU but I enjoyed Looking for Eric

berniesworld

Watched this classic today, takes me back to being with my late Dad in the queue for the Odeon……even bagged a poster on the way out.

1709502632798.gif

iscalad

Watched this classic today, takes me back to being with my late Dad in the queue for the Odeon……even bagged a poster on the way out.

View attachment 14930
Poster will be worth a bit.

berniesworld

Poster will be worth a bit.
If I can find it in my Mum’s loft 🙈

Bridgy 81

I watched ‘Poor Things’ on Disney+ this morning.
We only have the channel for our grandchildren and I was a bit surprised this film is on it.
We’d planned to see it at the cinema recently but didn’t get around to it.
I know the film did well at the Oscars last night (including Best Actress) but I’m not bothered about whether films or performers win awards or not, as I don’t have any interest in the opinions of the people who decide.
Anyway, it’s a weird one.
A bit like a female Frankenstein story but with more laughs and a lot more sex.
I enjoyed it, but it probably wouldn’t be for everyone and definitely not one for the children!