• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Peterborough United v Exeter City match day thread

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dross like Fleetwood who put four past Wigan today...
Dross like Fleetwood who are second bottom and will go down.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
So easy to say that if Kite had played defensive midfield, Cheik had been Center back and Niskanen not played we would have won today. Not necessarily true however but an argument that it's impossible to argue against. Personally still think we would have lost.
My only gripe was with Wildshutt coming on, he's rubbish!
Impossible to argue against but you still do 😂

It’s all ifs and buts, we played well today - for us and what we are this season.

The timing of the subs for me and who went off definitely put us on the back foot, we might well have got a point today - which would have arguably been deserved - if GC had managed that better. But he didn’t.

I don’t have too many gripes about today, other than I want to see us play with that energy at home. We’ve been devoid of barely any entertaining football at SJP this season and this needs addressing. We all talk about our clubs limitations, smaller gates only close that circle further. Caldwell is responsible for this side.

Grecian Max

Dross like Fleetwood who put four past Wigan today...
Scoring four goals, imagine that

It’s enough getting a second with our approach play

Mid Devon Grecian

Did Ben start at centre-back? I thought he started out wide and was then switched to the middle for a bit and being beaten in the build-up to the first goal.
This is what puzzles me with Caldwell. I’ve never been this confused as to how City set up for a game. He seems to overcomplicate/over think stuff. No clarity.

Look at what Adam did at half time last week. Fleetwood were sh*t first half. He made some bold changes that must have been well briefed at half time. Completely different proposition second half. Caldwell never does this. Stubborn adherence to ‘his way’.

STURTZ

Impossible to argue against but you still do 😂

It’s all ifs and buts, we played well today - for us and what we are this season.

The timing of the subs for me and who went off definitely put us on the back foot, we might well have got a point today - which would have arguably been deserved - if GC had managed that better. But he didn’t.

I don’t have too many gripes about today, other than I want to see us play with that energy at home. We’ve been devoid of barely any entertaining football at SJP this season and this needs addressing. We all talk about our clubs limitations, smaller gates only close that circle further. Caldwell is responsible for this side.
Impossible to argue against because nobody actually knows what might have happened had the team been set out differently. The critic will always have the upper hand as he is talking with the benefit of hindsight.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Banksy

Scoring four goals, imagine that

It’s enough getting a second with our approach play
With Caldwell complicating things scoring four sounds like a fairy story.He’s turned what should be a simple game into solving the enigma code.

Banksy

Sorry Gary , in football that’s what happens when you can’t score for toffee.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Haven't seen Carroll play that well for months.