• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Peterborough United v Exeter City match day thread

Mid Devon Grecian

Haven't seen Carroll play that well for months.
Was that his first goal for City?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Impossible to argue against because nobody actually knows what might have happened had the team been set out differently. The critic will always have the upper hand as he is talking with the benefit of hindsight.
"Personally still think we would have lost."

As you say, no one knows....

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was that his first goal for City?
His first for six years apparently.

Yes, six.

Mid Devon Grecian

His first for six years apparently.

Yes, six.
Collectors item

Our squad is just full of goals…

Anyone who seems to think Caldwell is building some sort of master plan implementing a style is wrong.
It’s just a mess, he’s making it up as he goes along. Kite drafted back on the bench, Caldwell just messing about.

PeteUSA

Meanwhile, back to the match....

I do feel sinisalo deserves a mention for his performance today, we would have lost by far more but for his efforts. He had little or no chance with those goals, and was unlucky with their first having performed heroics in keeping out the original shot. The best game I've seen him play.

malcolms

I can't give you figures. But if you doubt they've got significantly more financial resources than us, I don't know what to tell you. Ive not seen AC Milan's accounts either.
A cursory wander through Mr MacAnthony’s known UK assets might suggest otherwise. However, as he is an Irish national it’s difficult to know what hides under the carpet there.

Mid Devon Grecian

Meanwhile, back to the match....

I do feel sinisalo deserves a mention for his performance today, we would have lost by far more but for his efforts. He had little or no chance with those goals, and was unlucky with their first having performed heroics in keeping out the original shot. The best game I've seen him play.
Bloody hell Pete, are you ok?

kuznetsov

Expected result, actually better than expected. Not worried, we've got plenty of quality out there, just not as much as Posh.
We're league 1 survivors, not promotion candidates.
I would be a lot more confident about this if we were putting our near competitors away comfortably at home. It worries me that we are not.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
A cursory wander through Mr MacAnthony’s known UK assets might suggest otherwise. However, as he is an Irish national it’s difficult to know what hides under the carpet there.
They've spent about 2 million on two of our players, before you get onto salaries. I don't think they're scraping the pennies together, relative to the level.