• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Exeter City versus Satanage Matchday Thread

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good ground out 1-0 win again today

Unspectacular but effective, when we move the ball quicker we look at lot better. Then do the mediocre pre-season kickabout for a bit before we wake up again

I personally think Stevenage were unlucky not to have got a point, they created some excellent gilt-edge chances - more than ourselves. I've seen us have better defensive performances despite the clean sheet.

That's not to say we weren't decent, I liked us today

Think Watts is way more effective than Rankine and would like to see him offered a contract as there's something there with him and likely cheap

Sonny worked hard and made that goal, you wouldn't want it to fall to anyone other than Reece with that right foot of his

Woods class again for most of the game, I hope we can get something sorted with him as his game is much more expansive than Carrolls

Sinisalo excellent as always

Gutted to see Hartridge go tbh, one of our own resonates more with me than someone like Jules (nothing against Zak) but I understand the practicalities of it

Good stuff and enjoyable solid 7/10 game

Grecian Max

I know this might be a stretch, but I really like Alis playing style. He's clearly not used to playing the number 9, but give him minutes and I think he will be great there. His hold up play is getting better, if he can just work on his timing, when to release the ball, then he will be a real asset next season. With Ali, Aitchson and Cox we have a solid foundation to that front three.
I was grilled by I think was Harris earlier in the season about how I didn't think Nombe was a "Caldwell striker" and asked for details around that

Alli, although a WIP has attributes that I think were missing with Nombe but still offers a physical presence - namely having very good feet and being able to play with his back to goal

GC favours a more technical game to his predecessor and has brought in a lot of players comfortable on the ball

Think we'll see him develop well next season, it seems like we view him as a project to make into a 9 as it's not always where he's played for Halifax I think?

HarryECFC

Took my partners little brother who is a rangers fan along to today's game as they were down visiting. He thoroughly enjoyed it. Got himself a kit in the shop and is signing up for the trust later. He wants to come down for the last home game of the season now.

Some of our passing is absolutely top class, it's really slick. There were a few moments today where it had been passed about 5-6 times all one touch football to get us into an attack and it just looked class. Gutted to see Hartridge go, he's had spells of being superb for us. I wouldn't be surprised if he's going up a league

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

gilbertshoot

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I shall be going tomorrow morning.

Really pleased.
Picture would of course be lovely ......

STURTZ

The Fat Man Cometh
Evans doesn't mention their No.5 who was a thug that could have gone several times. Eventually it looked as though he had to be on his way for a particularly nasty foul but it ended up with Caleb Watts getting booked for brandishing an imaginary card!

grecIAN Harris

Evans doesn't mention their No.5 who was a thug that could have gone several times. Eventually it looked as though he had to be on his way for a particularly nasty foul but it ended up with Caleb Watts getting booked for brandishing an imaginary card!
Try their number 3 Sturtz, the left back.

Alistair20000

Loved the midfield big hug between Sweenz and Jamie Reid at the end of the match today (y)

grecIAN Harris

Another early start for me with no thread up, better start one then. A chance for my hat trick of Matchday Thread wins. C'MON YOU REDS!!!!!!
A hat trick it is then.😉