• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Advice please

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I used an Aquarius earlier, it felt a bit strange TBH. Basically a long version of the meteor which doesn't feel as sturdy because it's too thin. Not overly impressed.

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Basically a long version of the meteor which doesn't feel as sturdy because it's too thin.
Could you kindly quantify these differences, Mr Jan?

I shouldn't need to tell you just how much these things matter...

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Aquarius was a new one on me but having checked a few specs, i can see that it doesn't really look like it's cut out for the job.

Essentially, it's just a stretched standard hand held stapler intended for use when additional reach is needed. I would hope that to eliminate the increased potential for lateral skewing that this extension would create, there would be additional trussing within the arm. Whether this has been incorporated, i cannot tell, but Jan's experience suggests not.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm afraid that I can't give exact specs as the Aquarius is no longer in my possession, however it is the same width as the Meteor, just an inch or two longer.

Without extended use I can't accurately comment on the skewing issue, however, the chamber did seem to be tighter than in my trusty meteor, suggesting that the staples fit more snugly and are less likely to 'go rogue'.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
A gentleman in my office had a bit of an issue with a Meteor today. I chirply suggested that it could be down to low 'ammo' in the chamber, known to cause skewing and jamming on the Meteor. He told me to f*ck off and showed me a chamber crammed with staples.

I continued to mutter under my breath that Rexel manufacturer quality staplers and that I've had very little problem with my Meteor, due to the fact that I treat it right. Sadly this didn't appease him and I think that he will move away from Rexel in the future. I love Rexel, me.

Swanaldo

The young lad in the stationer's shop was, I might add, exceptionally helpful, and happily folded a wodge of A4 into a little square before effortlessly belting the whole thing tightly with one swift bite from the Helix. With a little prompting, I got him to agree that the 83% claim on the packaging was more or less correct.
This poor chap was again on exceptional form today as I quizzed him on the accuracy of my recently purchased steel rule at sub-zero temperatures.

Swanaldo

I don't want to open a can of worms here, but if you had to install a lift tomorrow would you plump for the ThyssenKrupp Synergy or an Otis Gen2?

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
I don't want to open a can of worms here, but if you had to install a lift tomorrow would you plump for the ThyssenKrupp Synergy or an Otis Gen2?
which one can carry the most Rexel staplers?

LOG

I can't comment on their specific products, but i have had experience of both companies.

Both our old and current office have Otis lifts fitted. In the old place, they were notoriously unreliable and, whilst not a victim myself, i heard many a tale from poor souls who had been trapped in a broken down lift.

Now, this is where the confusion comes in. The engineers who came to mend the ailing lifts were always from ThyssenKrupp. Is there some sort of cross over between the two outfits?

Chuckles

I can't comment on their specific products, but i have had experience of both companies.

Both our old and current office have Otis lifts fitted. In the old place, they were notoriously unreliable and, whilst not a victim myself, i heard many a tale from poor souls who had been trapped in a broken down lift.

Now, this is where the confusion comes in. The engineers who came to mend the ailing lifts were always from ThyssenKrupp. Is there some sort of cross over between the two outfits?
Was in a hotel in London with my son a couple of weeks ago and we decided to take the elavator from our room to reception.

When we got inside the name of the elavator maker was on a metal plaque inside by the buttons. The name of the elavator maker was Schindler and without a word of a lie and as quick as a hare my son said..."look dad....Schindlers Lift"

TRUE STORY