• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alex Hartridge

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think I saw his debut (not sure) or certainly one of his early games. I was impressed and thought he looked good if a little raw. In classic Matt Taylor style in his post match interview he basically said he’s still too raw and promptly sent him out on loan never to be seen again for a few months.

I accept that professional coaches see things I don’t
Well it wasn't his debut as that came under Tisdale.
Not sure that I agree with TKF's idea of Hartridge being better in a back four. I think the current system of him being on the left side of a back three suits him in the same manner it suits Sweenz. As I've said before, on his day Alex is one of the first names on the team sheet for me but he has these lapses in concentration that last for weeks. He needs to get to grips with this otherwise he is going to let himself and his career down.

manc grecian

His debut was against Grimsby under KMT

SidwellOldboy

Would be sad to see him go and wouldnt be surprised if he eventually goes on to become a solid championship player. def a decent player in there if he can find consistency.

Avening Posse

Very good on his day. Lots of players struggle with consistency when young, Rio Ferdinand was always criticised for it when he was developing. I guess it depends how long players are given to learn to reduce the inconsistency. My gut feeling is he will end up playing at a higher level as he’s definitely good enough in my view

JGrecian23

Very good on his day. Lots of players struggle with consistency when young, Rio Ferdinand was always criticised for it when he was developing. I guess it depends how long players are given to learn to reduce the inconsistency. My gut feeling is he will end up playing at a higher level as he’s definitely good enough in my view
I agree. Hartridge definitely has his ups and downs but he's been a young League 2 and League 1 player, he isn't meant to be error-free.

Sweeny is far mote experienced for example but he has been far more hit and miss this season than Hartridge had been. It just feels like you can't say anything bad about Sweeny given his popularity.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I agree. Hartridge definitely has his ups and downs but he's been a young League 2 and League 1 player, he isn't meant to be error-free.

Sweeny is far mote experienced for example but he has been far more hit and miss this season than Hartridge had been. It just feels like you can't say anything bad about Sweeny given his popularity.
Jay’s been on the blow again.

Sweeney is far from perfect, but has been one of the most consistent players this season, and look at the form since he took the captaincy.

JGrecian23

Jay’s been on the blow again.

Sweeney is far from perfect, but has been one of the most consistent players this season, and look at the form since he took the captaincy.
Proves my point cheers. Sweeny has had more than a few games where he has looked dodgy this season.

He is a club legend so people will not criticise him which is fair enough, but he looks like he's on his way out to me.

arthur

Proves my point cheers. Sweeny has had more than a few games where he has looked dodgy this season.

He is a club legend so people will not criticise him which is fair enough, but he looks like he's on his way out to me.
He will have had two weeks to get over his illness, so should be fully selectable next game. If you're right, and Hartridge has trained well, the back three vs Charlton would be Hartridge, Diabate & Aimson. Of those three only Aimson is guaranteed to be selected I would think. The actual line up will tell us a lot about GC's thinking about the other two (and Sweeney)

JGrecian23

He will have had two weeks to get over his illness, so should be fully selectable next game. If you're right, and Hartridge has trained well, the back three vs Charlton would be Hartridge, Diabate & Aimson. Of those three only Aimson is guaranteed to be selected I would think. The actual line up will tell us a lot about GC's thinking about the other two (and Sweeney)
I wouldn't be surprised to see Purrington moved back into LCB. Wouldn't be my choice, but something Caldwell may consider.

CC

I wouldn't be surprised to see Purrington moved back into LCB. Wouldn't be my choice, but something Caldwell may consider.
He did play well there 2nd half saturday. I think if Harper was available he probably would get the nod.