• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

An Open Letter to the Echo re: Tisdale (Petition)

supernova

Re: An Open Letter to the Echo re: Tisdale

I'd sign it

Bittners a Legend

"We the undersigned call for Paul Tisdale to resign immediately as manager of Exeter City FC.

Although grateful for the happy memories Paul Tisdale once gave us, after three years of disappointing results and performances the football club finds itself in a precarious position both on the field and off the field.

With attendances worryingly low and the club rooted to the bottom of the Football League we call on Paul Tisdale to give somebody else the opportunity to turn around several years of decline and play a more attacking brand of football to bring attendances back up.

Things have got steadily worse over the last couple of seasons and Paul Tisdale has, sadly, shown himself unable to turn around our fortunes despite being given more time anad freedom than most Football League managers could dream of. With the club unable to dispense of Tisdale's services we call on Paul Tisdale to take accountability for the position we find ourselves in and to resign as manager of ECFC."

Something like that maybe? If somebody could upload it to the website Hants has posted perhaps we could get signing?

whacker

In this day and age of litigation, it wouldn't surprise me if he were to claim constructive dismissal [and win] on the grounds of 'being bullied out of his job'. Thus still claiming his full compensation and dragging the club down with him.

As Paul was walking back down the tunnel I asked him if he was going to resign ,he just laughed.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

Come on, Rae, waddya think?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Should the petition be aimed to Paul to do the honourable thing, or should we be asking the Club Board to move Paul on from the position of Manager?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster

Good post bitts. Hants, personally I think it should be addressed to both the club board and tisdale.

Last edited:

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member

Aimed at Paul to do the honourable thing in my opinion.

I'd sign. Was thinking about this on the way home funnily enough.

Fareham Grecian

As the rosiest of rose tinters, I'm finding this quite difficult to say. But...I would sign that letter. Thanks Tis for the best memories I have ever had in nearly 35 years of supporting the Mighty Grecians, but it's time to give someone else a chance.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster

Should the petition be aimed to Paul to do the honourable thing, or should we be asking the Club Board to move Paul on from the position of Manager?
Hants: As I suggested to you a couple of weeks ago, cant we do a poll on Tisdale's future? You're the exeweb poll organiser, and didnt mind knocking one up regarding Conway; Why cant you organise one regarding Tisdale? Whoops sorry - 'Paul'?

Last edited: