• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ashes 2013/14

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well done Buttler and Stokes - 2 England players who will come out of this tour with credit.

Last edited:

Bittners a Legend

I'm just relieved Alastair Cook got to do an interview on the back of a win. The poor chap looked closer and closer to tears with each and every defeat. Fair play to him for consistently fronting up though.

Jos is going to be hot on the heels of Matt Prior now I suspect...particularly if he can get some runs early doors this coming season. Not sure defensively his technique is sound enough to a swinging ball in England but his 'keeping looks fairly solid at the moment.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

I reckon Jos has secured his place in the ODI team for the immediate future,

wemissmoxey

Jos is going to be hot on the heels of Matt Prior now I suspect...particularly if he can get some runs early doors this coming season. Not sure defensively his technique is sound enough to a swinging ball in England but his 'keeping looks fairly solid at the moment.
Will be interesting to see who gets the nod, Jos, Prior and Kieswetter are all more than useful candidates, tough call.

I just hope Bairstow is nowhere near things, as a keeper he is nowhere near the standard required, his batting is far from convincing as well.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Will be interesting to see who gets the nod, Jos, Prior and Kieswetter are all more than useful candidates, tough call.

I just hope Bairstow is nowhere near things, as a keeper he is nowhere near the standard required, his batting is far from convincing as well.
Are you considering the test team here Missy ?

Agree with you that Bairstow is not good enough on present evidence.

wemissmoxey

Are you considering the test team here Missy ?
Yes boss, that is correct.

Alistair20000

Matt Prior needs to get some big runs in the early county games in that case.

I agree with your Gang of Three.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Butler has a big future , he strikes the ball brilliantly.....

id still keep Prior ahead of him for now as Butler hasn't kept regulary in the longer form of the game enough to be considered yet IMO , hence why he's gone to the red rose

Alistair20000

Butler has a big future , he strikes the ball brilliantly.....

id still keep Prior ahead of him for now as Butler hasn't kept regulary in the longer form of the game enough to be considered yet IMO , hence why he's gone to the red rose
Agreed but Matt Prior seems to be in a very deep hole at present. If Jos breaks into both the Test and ODI teams the yeomen of Lancashire won't see too much of him. In addition Somerset will have Kieswetter.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Snatched defeat from the Jaws of Victory today.
A good close finish but we should have wrapped it up.
However, lucky / dodgy stumping to dismiss Bopara was the final nail