• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
A fair enough review, seems there were some 'positives'. However, I would argue that it's often said that with the relatively close quality of teams in the lower leagues one team can beat any other on a good day. Bolton are obviously top quality so that may not apply so easily BUT it does not forgive a 7 0 hammering all the same.
GC has a problem of his own making, he was responsible for some of the dire signings even if the board agreed. He's the one in charge of team selection.
To take some positives from a 7-0 defeat during a reasonable run of form would be commendable, maybe. But given the context there is simply nothing positive to say about Saturday's result or performance. One shot. Zero on target.

Since the transfer window closed our league stats are as follows:

Played 11

Won 1
Drew 1
Lost 9

For 4
Against 24

That's 4 points from a possible 33 and a -21 goal difference FFS.

We're averaging 1 goal scored every 247 minutes, excluding injury time.

And I'm being kind by excluding the Papa Johns.

Last edited:

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone want a

"We need to be better in certain areas" T shirt?

On the back it reads

"The supporters are amazing"

If you do, get one printed up and do one for me.

Grecian Max

To take some positives from a 7-0 defeat during a reasonable run of form would be commendable, maybe. But given the context there is simply nothing positive to say about Saturday's result or performance. One shot. Zero on target.

Played 11

Won 1
Drew 1
Lost 9

For 4
Against 24

Jesus, written out it's even worse than it feels.

It's easily the worst run I think I've seen, perhaps Blake's last roll of the dice was also poor (6-1 at Cardiff?) but this has been unbelievably - comically bad.

You've got a bunch of blokes (plus on woman) sitting round a table all patting each other the back about how good out "process" is and trotting out phrases of getting value from every penny - yet are ignoring clear factual evidence, that we are arguably one of the worst teams in the country right now. We'd be struggling in L2.

I'm so angry they aren't budging, **** the board 🖕 If someone with more nous than me wants to push a SGM, you have my signature but really, these guys need to fall on their swords the longer this goes on. Completely unacceptable.

Banksy

Perhaps the Board should have asked Caldwell if he knew the point of the game when they interviewed him. ‘Gary excuse us for asking but what do you think those two white post are for?’
‘Er , something to do with kicking a ball through them or around them or over them or something , not too sure, och aye the noo .’IMG_2808.jpeg

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
As a notable detective Sexton Blake ...it appears you might benefit from the services of SOCO or Forensics?
i didn’t see any sloppy defending apart from possibly the corner conceded by Sweenz that led to the goal.

Generally you can only play as well as your opponent allows you too and you need to recognise this and give credit where it’s due. IMHO Bolton are a championship team in waiting.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jesus, written out it's even worse than it feels.

It's easily the worst run I think I've seen, perhaps Blake's last roll of the dice was also poor (6-1 at Cardiff?) but this has been unbelievably - comically bad.

You've got a bunch of blokes (plus on woman) sitting round a table all patting each other the back about how good out "process" is and trotting out phrases of getting value from every penny - yet are ignoring clear factual evidence, that we are arguably one of the worst teams in the country right now. We'd be struggling in L2.

I'm so angry they aren't budging, **** the board 🖕 If someone with more nous than me wants to push a SGM, you have my signature but really, these guys need to fall on their swords the longer this goes on. Completely unacceptable.
Your first para were you not around in the Francis era.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
i didn’t see any sloppy defending apart from possibly the corner conceded by Sweenz that led to the goal.

Generally you can only play as well as your opponent allows you too and you need to recognise this and give credit where it’s due. IMHO Bolton are a championship team in waiting.
Yes, we finished bottom, but no-one allowed us to play, not much we could've done really.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Your first para were you not around in the Francis era.
Are you referring to the Trust Board because if so you need to be aware that unless things have changed footballing matters whether off or on the pitch never feature in any discussions.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

Played 11

Won 1
Drew 1
Lost 9

For 4
Against 24

We have won 2 since the transfer window. Burton away and Cheltenham at home. Tbh it makes th run no better mind. GC SHOULD be gone

denzel

Bolton hadn't won by more than three goals before yesterday, and were recently beaten at home by Carlisle.
Other teams find a way to win or at least keep the score down, we capitulated in pathetic fashion.
No excuse.