• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Can we make improvements to the away end to enhance the away fan experience?

Boyo

I think for Barnet it’s about relocating back to the borough. Although the current stadium is only 5-6 miles away, it really is a pain travelling there. The fastest public transport option takes about an hour.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
The current Barnet away end was built in 2016 in only 4 months by a French firm specializing in modular development and who can easily adapt existing stands to facilitate awkward expansion or reduction. Not beyond the bounds of possibility that we could buy away end Mark2?
Our concept | Project (gl-events-projectdesigner.com)

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The current Barnet away end was built in 2016 in only 4 months by a French firm specializing in modular development and who can easily adapt existing stands to facilitate awkward expansion or reduction. Not beyond the bounds of possibility that we could buy away end Mark2?
Our concept | Project (gl-events-projectdesigner.com)
And install our current away end at the Cliff Hill or Exwick Sports Hub? Sorted.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Haven't they looked at this before but had the nimbies from Hell which is why they went to Harrow?
The new plans are scaled back from the original and seem to integrate facilities with the school.
Also, I think, more heed has been taken to improve and maintains existing community facilities.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Haven't they looked at this before but had the nimbies from Hell which is why they went to Harrow?
The council at the were unhelpful IIRC, hence they felt forced to move out of the borough.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Give them extra seating access only in the Adam Stansfield Stand. That way they will be able to see the "Not so big screen". Give the standing away area to City fans. That way you will experience City noise all through the stadium. The away end is really loud when full or often when not full. This will be more advantageous for City and give the away fans somewhere they all can sit. By doing this we would also stop away fans bringing a drum into the ground. Win win
Lovely little suggestion.

STURTZ

I started going in 75 and honestly dont remember a drum, not saying there wasnt one or he may have hung up his bass drum by then ?
Boiled burgers, bovril and Brut...i can almost smell it!
I don't recall Cosway wearing a drum either. Now Hedley Boyce and his huge red and white rattle, now you're talking!

You also had the person in the refreshment shack on the old Bank with the pipe swirling at corners... quite a noise.

andrew p long

People in Hell are worried about possible developments in their back yard?