• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Charlton Athletic v Exeter City Oct 11th 7:45 ko Matchday thread.

dommers

Because it was 2-1 for a long period and we would of been level if Sparkes shot hadn’t hit the bar. The other two we conceded were because we were pushing up and they caught us cold twice.
At 2-1…I was hoping Nicholson might change it I know he hasn’t got many options on the bench, but we were more than in control of the midfield perhaps bringing on Smith’s aerial threat and trying to get more high crosses in may of changed it up, would of been tempted to bring Cox on earlier too.
Fair enough, although we've got to better at defending as it seems like from comments that they did have to do much to score.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's why it was a question? Yes I've seen lots of team play well and lose although not seen many teams play well and concede 4. Have you?
Wrexham conceded five, at home, on Saturday. And won by two goals.

dommers

Wrexham conceded five, at home, on Saturday. And won by two goals.
So did Reading in 1993, but it doesn't happen often.

Cowshed Grecian

Fair enough, although we've got to better at defending as it seems like from comments that they did have to do much to score.
Not wrong. Can’t deny that, you can’t give away stupid goals like we did, it doesn’t matter how well we play.

supernova

Funny how different commentators saw that - Charlton TV's Curbishly said result didn't flatter their performance and "expert" commentator called Alex (used to be on the previous EFL show, talked about how good that lot 40 mileish down the road were because Hallet has kept team moving the right way even when their manager was poached) said that he couldn't remember City threatening is 2nd half until we got a lucky penalty !
some old chuffer is saying the same on the train. Nonsense

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
We’re an inch away from being a really good team, but that last inch is the most difficult inch because it’s about defending.

supernova

that was an excellent performance albeit the score line which flatters Charton. Yes the third goal is a soft one and the fourth is when we’re stretched chasing the game but we played some lovely stuff and if replicated against Oxford we get a result

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
3 points from 2 tough away matches is a decent return given the circumstances. We're a bit hit or miss at the moment but we're exciting to watch, can beat anyone on our day, and when our centre halves return giving us more solidity and competition at the back I think we'll really kick on and potentially make the play offs. We're very close to being a really good side.
Agree 100% we still have a make shift defence but we have to hope that at least Diabate will be back soon and definitely before the game with Argiggle because they won’t be taking any prisoners.

If we can be close to full strength I think we will give them a bit of a surprise.

Cowshed Grecian

We’re an inch away from being a really good team, but that last inch is the most difficult inch because it’s about defending.
If Stubbs had of been fit and playing this season and as solid as last season, I reckon we would of been right up there.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
That's why it was a question? Yes I've seen lots of team play well and lose although not seen many teams play well and concede 4. Have you?
It wasn't a genuine question, it was a loaded one as always dommmmmmers

So, what are the basis for you fancying the new manager? Bald, leather gloves, swipe right?