• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Charlton Athletic v Exeter City Oct 11th 7:45 ko Matchday thread.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
833 City fans in attendance.
Well done all of the 833 - sounded that you outsung the locals (again) even when 4:1 down.
UTC

If Stubbs had of been fit and playing this season and as solid as last season, I reckon we would of been right up there.
I think we need to start planning for life without Sam Stubbs. He's been with us for nearly two years and made fewer than 30 first team starts, with the majority of those coming in one spell sandwiched between long injuries.

I hope he does come through and have a long career with us, but as he turns 24 next month he's made only 80 or so career appearances.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Cowshed Grecian

I think we need to start planning for life without Sam Stubbs. He's been with us for nearly two years and made fewer than 30 first team starts, with the majority of those coming in one spell sandwiched between long injuries.

I hope he does come through and have a long career with us, but as he turns 24 next month he's made only 80 or so career appearances.
Agree. I’m not sure we will see him again, I hope we do but I fear for him it’s obviously a serious career threatening problem he has.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think we started with 5 Academites & finished with 6 (both including Jay Stansfield)
Thanks again to those Academy staff / supporters past and present - most commentary teams ignore this as Charlton TV did tonight.
UTC

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don’t know what others on here think, but I did feel subbing Harper came too early. We were on top at that point and thought he was doing a good job. Kite coming on just seemed to disrupt our rhythm a bit.

Cowshed Grecian

Think we started with 5 Academites & finished with 6 (both including Jay Stansfield)
Thanks again to those Academy staff / supporters past and present - most commentary teams ignore this as Charlton TV did tonight.
UTC
I think they had a fair few of their own, Miles Leaburn is only 18 looks an absolute unit of a bloke.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think they had a fair few of their own, Miles Leaburn is only 18 looks an absolute unit of a bloke.
Agreed I looked him up and couldn't believe he was only 18.

Memphis09

We played great tonight, I’m not feeling down about the result at all because of the way we played. Yes their first goal was defensively embarrassing but Josh will know that and he has got plenty in the bank for me to easily forgive him. Other than his major mistake, he played well going forward. Considering we’ve got a defensive injury list from hell, we’re in League 1 and our manager’s just left us, we’re doing alright. The players can hold their heads up high tonight, they gave us everything.

Plus, if we’d drawn at Barnsley and then grabbed a late equaliser tonight we’d all be feeling better, but we’d be a point worse off.
Three points better than I would of taken that a week ago

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
His dad carl played over 300 games for charlton.