• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Although to be fair the only real dissenting voices re. the lockdowns was from the Tory backbenches. 🤷‍♂️
The Tory rebels were the only ones to keep their heads, whilst every other politician lost theirs.

Well, we're living the resultant nightmare now which was so easily predicted. At least we'll have learnt from the mistakes, one would hope.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just wondered what people's and the Government's response to the latest Covid surge should be? Apparenrtly there are over 40 people in the Royal Devon with Covid and I know of severall people who have it.

Should we panic, ignore it or something in between ?
It's the new flu - so treat it and live like you would with that

tavyred

The Tory rebels were the only ones to keep their heads, whilst every other politician lost theirs.

Well, we're living the resultant nightmare now which was so easily predicted. At least we'll have learnt from the mistakes, one would hope.
Did you predict it Jinx?
From memory you yourself bought into the alleged COVID con when you pretty quickly got yourself vaccinated.
DB has it spot in IMO, no Government (inc. the Swedes!🙄) would’ve done much different and in the main didn’t.

Mr Jinx

Did you predict it Jinx?
From memory you yourself bought into the alleged COVID con when you pretty quickly got yourself vaccinated.
DB has it spot in IMO, no Government (inc. the Swedes!🙄) would’ve done much different and in the main didn’t.
Yes, all predicted by me, and I was treated like a loon at the time.

It's interesting to hear Chairman Khan comparing ULEZ protesters to Covid deniers. It's a running and most dangerous theme akin to Trudeau and his brand of wokesters over the pond. Be very afraid if Labour ever get into power.

I did take a first (double) vaccine as I thought that would put an end to things. It wasn't long after that I realised I'd been conned. Hey ho.

DB9

I did take a first (double) vaccine as I thought that would put an end to things. It wasn't long after that I realised I'd been conned. Hey ho.
[/QUOQUOTE
A con? Surely you didn't think the vaccine would prevent you getting it? When I had it we were told that it would prevent it being more serious, Never that you'd never contract it again.

Alistair20000

Although to be fair the only real dissenting voices re. the lockdowns was from the Tory backbenches. 🤷‍♂️
And a small number of scientists who refused to join the stampede to the cliff edge

Alistair20000

tavyred

And a small number of scientists who refused to join the stampede to the cliff edge
OpinIons are like a$$holes Al we’ve all them, even scientists.
I always think you listen primarily to the expert who has some professional skin in the game, if you’re a politician do you listen to a scientist who will have some form of accountability if the advice they proffer is rubbish or listen to an expert at some Uni somewhere who will just say ‘sorry, my bad’ when their advice goes pear shaped.
The whole world was blindsided by a novel virus we knew next to nothing about, you and Jinx looking at the events 3 years lago and suggesting that you’ve somehow been vindicated re. your opinions is with the greatest respect, a tad rich.

PeteUni1984_7

No it's just concern that pharma profits might dip if more "vaccines" aren't bought

Mr Jinx

A con? Surely you didn't think the vaccine would prevent you getting it?
Well yes, because the NHS said as much...and still continues to...

Here to help.