• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Derby home - Discussion and Prediction Thread

Exehausted

seats will for sure but can't see on a tuesday night it being a sell out on the bank as well - hope of course i'm wrong
Still over 48 hours to go and normally I would agree. However, it is half term week and after yesterdays brilliant result I think quite a few will decide to go. An update tomorrow night with just 500 or so remaining will hopefully push people into action. I would be surprised if there are more than 300 unsold. Anyway they have sold their allocation so it's going to be a cracking atmosphere under the SJP lights. Up the City!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd have thought the last two results will have a big impact in a positive way when you compare it to last weeks 5000 odd against Peterborough.
It will sure help as well of course it being half term. I think last weeks was one of our lowest gates this season i think

CWH-NYC_

I know a lot of Derby fans (obviously) and they are all concerned about their form, they’re sneaking results when they don’t deserve them, they’re not playing very well no matter what the form table tells you.

Fingers crossed we get a positive result on Tuesday.
Sounds promising, if we play to some of the heights of our recent games it could be a real cracker under the lights.

tom_ecfc

It will sure help as well of course it being half term. I think last weeks was one of our lowest gates this season i think
Correct! It was our lowest gate this season with just 5,277, 11 less than our second lowest, vs Shrewsbury, with 5,288! 5,612 vs Lincoln City was the 3rd and final 5,000’s gate we’ve had this season, the rest all 6/7/8000’s.

The Peterborough game was also the only time we dropped below 5,000 home fans (4,989).

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
2-6. Derby race into a four goal lead by half time. Sonny and Eisa pull goals back before Derby finish us off with two late goals.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Correct! It was our lowest gate this season with just 5,277, 11 less than our second lowest, vs Shrewsbury, with 5,288! 5,612 vs Lincoln City was the 3rd and final 5,000’s gate we’ve had this season, the rest all 6/7/8000’s.

The Peterborough game was also the only time we dropped below 5,000 home fans (4,989).
Amazing to think that 4989 was probably around our average when we won our only league title and won 20 out of 23 home games to boot.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Amazing to think that 4989 was probably around our average when we won our only league title and won 20 out of 23 home games to boot.
That was watching highly entertaining football too, Something that makes the crowd numbers this season all the more remarkable. Just goes to show how the marketing & demographics of football attendance has changed since those days.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
That was watching highly entertaining football too, Something that makes the crowd numbers this season all the more remarkable. Just goes to show how the marketing & demographics of football attendance has changed since those days.
And the make up of those going at SJP has changed significantly with so many more women, families and young children now than ever before

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
And the make up of those going at SJP has changed significantly with so many more women, families and young children now than ever before
The improved facilities throughout the ground especially the new stand also make a difference.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thankfully the days have past where someone might not have taken their kid in fear of there being trouble. I also think the covid lockdown has done good for attendances since it was lifted. People realised there's nothing quite like a live football match and to make the most of life.