• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Director for the Day

exeips

Laurie Harsant, who was first on the list of potential winners for this match, declined the invite to spend the evening on the big Bank with his friends celebrating his 50th year anniversary of watching the Grecians.
Well done that man, true City fan and not one of these wannabe prawn sandwich munchers!

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shabba, I think you've misunderstood. Adam's post is verbatim what Neil sent out. It is he who was 2nd on the list and is going to the Carlisle game. Not Adam
These posts just confuse me too much :S

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's why I quote NLM at the beginning to ease confusion .. clearly worked well today !!

wiveygrecian

And the winner for saturday against Saints is.................

Jim Shepherd

And the winner for saturday against Saints is.................
I have been told, because I asked, that the usual draw has not taken place for the Southampton game. This is because of the BoS wanting to recognise in particular someone's contribution to the club which should all be explained by tomorrow.

Sorry that's a bit cryptic but I don't know if the person themselves know yet.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
is it finally you Jim?

Lets face it, it's the only way you will get in there! ;)

Donna

is it finally you Jim?

Lets face it, it's the only way you will get in there! ;)
Gods, he's not been whinging to you about it as well, has he? Getting in his GOM training early ...

Turns out to be Roger Monksummers, email just in from Neil Le Milliere:

"As some of you know there was no draw for this match as we’ve invited Roger Monksummers to take up the places with his son Ben as part of the package for the un-veiling of the Red or Dead? and Last Grandstand Appeal plaques which he has kindly agreed to do – details about this have been circulated separately.

For those that don’t know Roger was a key figure as a Trustee and as a Club Director during the Trust takeover and for the crucial first couple of years of our running the Club.

He then moved on to help his local club in Gillingham, Dorset where he has worked wonders on and off the pitch. He’s Gillingham Club Secretary but has left them in the hands of his deputy to come along and join us."

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Good stuff - very worthy. Roger was also quite involved when it came to unveiling R****** and L**** as crooks, no? Certainly seem to recall it was he who had, shall we say, a bit of a "spat" with R****** and his fragrant Missus.

Jim Shepherd

I'm very pleased to announce that Kath Bamsey [no relation to our reporter apparently], who was first on the list of potential winners for this game, is the lucky winner of the prize for our League 1 match ECFC v Stockport on Saturday 20th February

Kath will be bringing her partner Christopher with her as her guest.

Also on the ‘missed out’ list were Abi Williams; Stuart McKimm; Jim Shepherd; Bryn Jones; Keith Brimson; Katie Davis; Peter Southwell; Tim Glenn; Michael Sparey; Jonathan Rawlings; Andrea Lacey-Malvern; Michael Geary; Neil Burgess; Philip Hunt; David Matthews; Barry John Shervington; Mark Edwards; and Michael Scoates.

The geographical spread for this match was six in Exeter; four other EX postcodes [Sidford, Okehampton, Clyst St. Mary, and Exmouth]; two other Devon postcodes [Torquay and Plymouth]; and seven from outside Devon [Bristol, Avon; Congleton, Cheshire; Abingdon, Oxon; London, 2 in SW2 and N13; Minehead, Somerset; and Worcester, Worcs.].

Six on the list didn't have e-mail addresses shown this time and four had no phone number shown – including the winner.

Don't forget if you are lucky enough to be drawn I have to contact you and if you don't have an e-mail address or an up to date phone number then you run the risk of me not being able to get hold of you in time so why not check and update them (if necessary) yourself by going to www.ecfcst.org.uk/members - you will need to register if you haven't already with your membership number.

Jim Shepherd

I'm very pleased to announce that Julie Morris, who was first on the list of potential winners for this game, is the lucky winner of the prize for our League 1 match ECFC v Bristol Rovers on Tuesday 23rd February

Julie will be bringing her partner John Vincent with her as her guest.

Also on the ‘missed out’ list were Alex Parks; Mike Brown; Jonathan Adams; Darren Thomas; Michael Smith; John Mander; Anthony Morgan; Nicholas Blackaby; Garry Dyer; Darren Fricker; Roger Darke; Jack O'Neill; Natasha Willey; Richard Packer; Nigel Stocks; Sue Montgomery, and Elizabeth Hodges.

The geographical spread for this match was nine in Exeter; two other EX postcodes [Umberleigh and Cheriton Bishop]; one other Devon postcode [Newton Abbott]; and six from outside Devon [Salisbury, Wiltshire; Swindon, Wiltshire; Congleton, Cheshire; Norton, Worcs; Ware, Herts; and Newmarket, Suffolk].

Seven on the list didn't have e-mail addresses shown this time and five had no phone number shown – one had neither e-mail or phone number..

Don't forget if you are lucky enough to be drawn I have to contact you and if you don't have an e-mail address or an up to date phone number then you run the risk of me not being able to get hold of you in time so why not check and update them (if necessary) yourself by going to www.ecfcst.org.uk/members - you will need to register if you haven't already with your membership number.