• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Zi Zou

Danny Ings tribunal was in the April.

If the amount is miserly, can see Cat 3 clubs thinking what is the point!

Be gutted if it is based on his transfer at the time.

With the inflated market at present, a 17 year old with 16 good years in front of him is worth what??.....30/40 million easy

David Treharne

For further amplification of his apparent worth see the review of his performance in the 4-0 defeat of Hull in today's summary of games in the Guardian. If anyone can paste a link I'd be grateful as I'm not able to do so myself at the moment.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Chelsea’s delaying tactics will really backfire on them on this occasion and we’ll be in for a very big payout. I say this for two reasons. Firstly the Tribunal’s assessment of value is partially based on future potential. I would argue that that potential has already been fulfilled with international caps, Chelsea first team appearances and rave press reviews. Consequently the payout must reflect that realised potential.

Secondly I see the whole Tribunal process itself as being under great scrutiny to see if it can deliver genuine fairness for the smaller clubs. Ampadu is such a talent that this could very well be a landmark case.

Ampadu’s current valuation must be in the region of £20m. I would be extremely disappointed if we don’t receive a sum approaching half of that valuation.
Steady on RW....
About the tribunal : why do you think they are under greater scrutiny? I myself worry that they won't give us much as we hope because they don't want to set a precedent and have all the powerful Premier League clubs up in arms. I will be very pleasantly surprised if it's more than 3m on the table, even though Amps is seemingly worth more.
PS. I hope you are feeling better now and winning the fight.

iscalad

For further amplification of his apparent worth see the review of his performance in the 4-0 defeat of Hull in today's summary of games in the Guardian. If anyone can paste a link I'd be grateful as I'm not able to do so myself at the moment.
Ampadu continues to improve as a first-team player

The Recap: sign up for the best of the Guardian's sport coverage
Read more
This time last year a 16-year-old Ethan Ampadu was preparing for his GCSEs. Exeter City not only exposed him to his first taste of professional football at 15 years,10 months and 26 days but also handled his development superbly, sheltering him from the spotlight and giving the Devon-born defender time to prioritise his school exams. He made only three appearances between October 2016 and April 2017 before joining Chelsea last summer. Twelve months on, Ampadu continues to shimmer with every game he plays, the latest of which came against Hull City. Ampadu barely broke sweat – even in the stickiest of situations – such is his effortless, calm nature, epitomised when he controlled an awkward ball with his knees before looping a beautiful pass for Willian. He is also unafraid to impose himself in the challenge. Ampadu oozes class and it is clear Antonio Conte trusts the teenager, who simply gets better with every outing. Ben Fisher

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
About the tribunal : why do you think they are under greater scrutiny?
This case has roused great interest in the press and I believe that the vast majority of the press are on our side in ensuring that we get a fair payout. If we don’t then there will be major criticism of the Tribunal system in the press.

Also clubs with lower league academies will be watching closely to determine if further investment in those academies is worthwhile. A number of clubs at our level have already recognized that we have raised the bar with sales of Grimes and Watkins and that we are the leaders in obtaining true value. How far can we take this one when we have possibly the greatest potential talent ever to go through the Tribunal system?

IndoMike

This case has roused great interest in the press and I believe that the vast majority of the press are on our side in ensuring that we get a fair payout. If we don’t then there will be major criticism of the Tribunal system in the press.

Also clubs with lower league academies will be watching closely to determine if further investment in those academies is worthwhile. A number of clubs at our level have already recognized that we have raised the bar with sales of Grimes and Watkins and that we are the leaders in obtaining true value. How far can we take this one when we have possibly the greatest potential talent ever to go through the Tribunal system?
i partially agree with you, but I'm just concerned that the power and influence of the Premier League might sway things : Pressure to keep Chelsea happy?

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I still think we will get roughly the £3m the Club originally pencilled in, though probably not in one lump sum. The real interest will be the add-ons for appearances and / or sell on %.

Fareham Grecian

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/feb/19/fa-cup-fifth-round-10-talking-points-from-weekend-action?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some amusing stuff in the comments about Dele Alli's "dive" for the Tottenham penalty. IMO he made the most of it but probably it was a foul - though there are dozens of similar contacts in every game and I'm sure he'd have stayed on his feet if it was upfield.

At least the ref. was nearer to the action than the one who booked Holmes a week ago...

Personally I don't like the "there was contact so I was entitled to go down" attitude that seems to be the standard response nowadays. I must be getting old.

Matt Russell

At the end of the day, it's cheating by trying to make it out as being worse than it was....................and influencing the ref. But then so is sticking your hand up in the air every time the ball goes out of play for a throw in. Seems ingrained and unstoppable, though being at the "sharp end" always more contentious.