• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Euro 2021

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
No shortage of chances in the Sweden v Ukraine match.

iscalad

No shortage of chances in the Sweden v Ukraine match.
Extra time

LOG

My remote sweepstake hopes were dashed by Sweden's defeat.

What did anyone think of the Danielson red card? It's one of them where you can see why it was given but it did seem a bit unlucky. It was a clearance rather than a tackle and whilst you could argue that it was reckless, it wasn't high and was in the natural finishing position so i don't really see what else he could've done.

iscalad

What did anyone think of the Danielson red card? It's one of them where you can see why it was given but it did seem a bit unlucky. It was a clearance rather than a tackle and whilst you could argue that it was reckless, it wasn't high and was in the natural finishing position so i don't really see what else he could've done.
Looked like he kicked the player in the knee.

Rosencrantz

If you make contact that high (knee high), with studs showing, it's a red card all day long now regardless of intent or playing the ball.

Mr Jinx

Well, Well, Well. Jinxy, You have to admit that was one dam good performance today?
No, I thought it was awful.

In fact, it reminded of Tisdale. You know, suffocate the game for the first 60 mins, whilst praying you don't go 1 down. Then around 65 mins you bring on the players you should've started with, try and play how the fans want to see you play and hope for the best.

A lot of people saying Germany are now a poor side, well I disagree. They started really well and if luck had gone their way, they could've won it. When Muller missed the sitter inexplicably, you just knew it wasn't their day.

But that's ok of course, because England are now the world-beaters we always knew they were. Football's coming home, yada, yada. We've won our world cup final. Then we go and lose in Rome. You know the drill.

That all said, I think there were a few bright points: Harry Maguire, Jordan Pickford, Luke Shaw, Kalvin Phillips & Grealish of course. But Harry Kane was a ghost again for the most part and Saka & Sterling just running around like headless chicken again, often finding themselves down Rabbit holes. So it kind of evens out.

Trapdoor

Germany aren't a bad side but they are a long way behind Belgium, France, Spain, Portugal and Italy.

Ukraine will be at least as difficult, if not more so.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
No, I thought it was awful.

In fact, it reminded of Tisdale. You know, suffocate the game for the first 60 mins, whilst praying you don't go 1 down. Then around 65 mins you bring on the players you should've started with, try and play how the fans want to see you play and hope for the best.

A lot of people saying Germany are now a poor side, well I disagree. They started really well and if luck had gone their way, they could've won it. When Muller missed the sitter inexplicably, you just knew it wasn't their day.

But that's ok of course, because England are now the world-beaters we always knew they were. Football's coming home, yada, yada. We've won our world cup final. Then we go and lose in Rome. You know the drill.

That all said, I think there were a few bright points: Harry Maguire, Jordan Pickford, Luke Shaw, Kalvin Phillips & Grealish of course. But Harry Kane was a ghost again for the most part and Saka & Sterling just running around like headless chicken again, often finding themselves down Rabbit holes. So it kind of evens out.
Jinxy still being a miserablist and praying we leave Europe for the second time this year. 🇪🇺

Mr Jinx

Jinxy still being a miserablist and praying we leave Europe for the second time this year. 🇪🇺
Well yeah, but you know the only reason we won is because we've left the EU. We'll never leave Europe by the way.

DB9

Winners of the whole competition will be the winners of the Belgium/Italy match? I think so.