• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Cambridge United (H) EFL D2 Match Day Thread

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Livening up a bit. Got a double half time

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nearly scored at the end of the half, Martin shot blocked on one on one
Drab first half but at least we haven't conceded, Parkes has impressed me though

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well there's 54 minutes if my life I won't get back. Total dirge.

grecIAN Harris

Nearly scored at the end of the half, Martin shot blocked on one on one
Drab first half but at least we haven't conceded, Parkes has impressed me though
He should have done better.

Rosencrantz

Too slow to the ball, disconnected, change of formation to 4-2-3-1 not really working as just long balls to Bowman with no one running beyond him. Only bit of quality was the ball from Archie to put Lee Martin in at the end of the half.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
At this stage, the only explanation for playing Richardson on the left is that Taylor wants to annoy GrecIAN Harris

grecIAN Harris

Not convinced by Richardson. Does he have a left foot? I'm sure he tried to cross with the outside of his right foot rather than use his left.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
As others have said that was a fairly attritional half of football. Parkes has been in full beast mode and for all Cambridge's possession and corners I don't think Maxted has had a save to make. The few times we've got possession and tried to play football we've looked dangerous with Martin looking lively. However, we really miss Nigel's bite in midfield it feels like we've lost every 50-50 and as a result too many times resorted to the bad habit of hoofing aimless long balls forward. Also not sure why we've gone back to four at the back as it means Nicky Law is stuck out on the left and has struggled to get in the game.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
To put a positive spin on it, we've played very poorly, but it's still 0-0 and you'd probably say we had the pick of the chances.

Oldsmobile-88

Att 4,517 inc 86 away.