• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Carlisle Utd matchday thread

DawlishBouy

I don't think he could have done much with the goal tbh, however he's not the best with his distribution. Also, when he gets the ball why does he always insist on running out as quick as he can to the edge of the area as if he's going to play it quick and then very rarely play the ball? The odd times he does play it quick it either goes out or he blames the player for not controlling it (like he did with Sonny yesterday)! He needs to calm down a bit! But hey, he's good on social media so the fans love him 🤣
Because his teammates hardly ever put themselves into a position to receive it.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hartridge back to his best.

Sonny Cox immense - the way he played that centre half was something else.

Harris impressive

No-one played badly. Zak Jules suddenly faded after one too many tussles with their 32, Emmanuel. Thought he might have picked up a knock.

Anyone knows who won the toss? Presumably us, though I'm not sure the benefit of playing away from the sun in the first half outweighed the benefit of playing towards the Bank in the second..
We won the toss. Carlisle kicked off the first half.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I kept an eye on Diabate yesterday and I don't think I saw him lose a challenge, winning every header and tackle. His distribution is still a bit ropey and so unless he and the coaches address this I can't see how he can progress onto better things. However this suits me as a fan, he's awesome and I hope he stays here a very long time.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is there a Carlisle fans forum that anyone uses? I found this thread about the Exeter game with a post and all of two replies. One of them said "Exeter were great at playing out from the back while we stick to hoof-ball" :)

arthur

I kept an eye on Diabate yesterday and I don't think I saw him lose a challenge, winning every header and tackle. His distribution is still a bit ropey and so unless he and the coaches address this I can't see how he can progress onto better things. However this suits me as a fan, he's awesome and I hope he stays here a very long time.
I saw him lose a lot of aerial duels in the first fifteen minutes, which surprised me, but things subsequently improved...

crocks

No-one played badly. Zak Jules suddenly faded after one too many tussles with their 32, Emmanuel. Thought he might have picked up a knock.
I noticed that he sort of pulled up and wasnt moving freely. He was over the goal line at the BB end (towards the railway line) and at the end of the first half.

tea stand

Kite training ground knock.... Hmmmmm 🤔
Apologies if this has already been mentioned here but Kite is off to Bristol Rovers

MerleyRed

We seem to be almost back to square one with the tannoy. The 'break-up' is often so bad it is painful to listen too.

Trapdoor

I really like Sonny Cox. Not the complete article yet but he's thinking in the right way, always gambling on the possibility of a rebound/loose ball. Love to see that.

Give him a couple more seasons and I think he could become a star for us.

andrew p long

Hmmm I’m in the Caldwell out camp, but think being combative should be a two way st, if it’s ok for fellow fans to be called lemmings, happy clappers etc for holding opposite opinions. Don’t think people should be precious if it comes back at them from people who see it differently. Sure every one thinks their perspective is best for the club, at the end of the day…
Personally I'd go further - I prefer it if we didn't use abusive terms about other City supporters at all. As we all want the same - success for City. Another football forum I'm on doesn't allow comments about other posters, only about the content of posts. So no calling people who disagree with you 'lemmings' 'bedwetters' happy clappers' 'toenailers' etc. That forum avoids many of the petty prolonged personal spats that spoil football message boards.

One of the big dangers for us has been a split fanbase, at each others throats, which could be really damaging to the Trust and club. Disagree strongly with others opinions - definitely. But name calling is unnecessary.