• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Crawley Town Matchday Thread

Well-known Exeweb poster
Actually it was Storey who was rather easily outjumped and outpowered at the back post for their goal. Maybe when he’s gained a bit more experience and strength it won’t be so easy but yesterday he was about as effective as a blade of grass for that goal.
and croll allowing the goalscorer space and time to control on the edge of the goal area AND turn and shoot wasnt much better for the first,, he wants to step into midfield, tbh on that showing i'm hoping it's someone else's

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
The problem Croll had yesterday, and which caused the first goal, was that Wilson started as a left wing back but wasn't doing a very good job defensively. This meant he was being pulled out wider than he should have been which left a big gap behind him.

IndoMike

You can criticize a player for a mistake but you have to remember the opponent has skills, too. All players will give a bad pass, make a poor tackle, misfire some time during a game.

Well-known Exeweb poster
The problem Croll had yesterday, and which caused the first goal, was that Wilson started as a left wing back but wasn't doing a very good job defensively. This meant he was being pulled out wider than he should have been which left a big gap behind him.
yeah fair point with wilson, but croll didnt spot it, imo by now he should be spotting simple stuff like that and sorting even more so if he wants to move into the holding role,atm i'm thinking 'heaven help us' and irrespective of where wilson croll shouldn't have allowed their scorer the space and time to control turn and shoot anywhere let alone in the goal area, i was a touch surprised pym went at wilson the way he did and said nish to croll.

IndoMike

Like the way Stockley wrestled his was past their defender for our 2nd goal.

IndoMike

I must confess my vote for Jake T for the POTY award has slightly swung towards Jayden S...(worry)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
They spent ages talking before the free kick was taken. I thought they were talking about what to do with the kick, but it turns out that they were discussing how far down Oxford Road could they get the ball. :)

IndoMike

They spent ages talking before the free kick was taken. I thought they were talking about what to do with the kick, but it turns out that they were discussing how far down Oxford Road could they get the ball. :)

I approve of this joke

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster

Yes a complete and utter farce.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A proper 360 look at Stockley's goal. Spin the picture around to see how Grecian Greg celebrated!

[video=youtube;G3MheQLdN7I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3MheQLdN7I[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3MheQLdN7I