• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Derby County matchday thread

We8Argyle

Gary can’t do it again, can he?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gary can’t do it again, can he?
Definitely possible; depends on who he picks, and whether he gives them freedom to play positively.

Also more crucially which Derby turn up. They are second in the league for a reason, but my Derby supporting mate says they are prone to switching off and conceding late goals (did it again on Saturday Derby County 1-1 Shrewsbury Town - BBC Sport ).

If Ryan Woods is now match fit IMO he should play at the base of the midfield and rest Carroll, to counter their midfield 3 of Hourihane, Bird and Adams.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Definitely possible; depends on who he picks, and whether he gives them freedom to play positively.

Also more crucially which Derby turn up. They are second in the league for a reason, but my Derby supporting mate says they are prone to switching off and conceding late goals (did it again on Saturday Derby County 1-1 Shrewsbury Town - BBC Sport ).

If Ryan Woods is now match fit IMO he should play at the base of the midfield and rest Carroll, to counter their midfield 3 of Hourihane, Bird and Adams.
Not seen much of Woods and maybe he'll turn out to be fantastic, but I fear he'll be another one who's very good on the ball, but less good at covering ground... but we'll see.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not seen much of Woods and maybe he'll turn out to be fantastic, but I fear he'll be another one who's very good on the ball, but less good at covering ground... but we'll see.
His pedigree is unimpeachable, way better than L1 mid-table. Depends on whether he can still play 90 minutes, of course, we need to find out at some stage.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
His pedigree is unimpeachable, way better than L1 mid-table. Depends on whether he can still play 90 minutes, of course, we need to find out at some stage.
Yeah, I know. And his showreels look like he's a really very good passer of the ball. But Rovers fans said he looks like he's running through treacle, so we'll see. Fine with a player like that, btw, but just not sure it's ideal with Caroll/Cole, but we will see, won't we.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tough, tough game. Fingers and toes crossed for a draw. ( No I'm not form Tiverton) UTC

denzel

One of those games that you really look forward to. Big name, under the lights, full house and we are playing well.
Hoping to enjoy tonight, regardless of the result

Avening Posse

Not sure I’ve looked forward to a game more than this one all season. Love a night game under the lights when there’s a big crowd. Shame it’s just Ifollow for me UTC

David Treharne

Great! Just what we wanted...another day of rain. Having been misty and damp all morning it's now started raining again to add to the 5mm of rain we had overnight. Wind is SW, and not blowing very hard, but enough to turn the actual 12c into a 'feels like' 10. There's 100% light grey cloud cover , and visibility is limited. On the optimistic side the barometer indicates it could dry up later. I'll update at around 18:00, but advanced warning for anyone trvelling from Exmouth, the A376 is closed, and there's an (enormously long) signed diversion, so train might be a good idea. Mind you, Pinhoe Road travel is none too speedy either!

STURTZ

Yeah, I know. And his showreels look like he's a really very good passer of the ball. But Rovers fans said he looks like he's running through treacle, so we'll see. Fine with a player like that, btw, but just not sure it's ideal with Caroll/Cole, but we will see, won't we.
Shock news as Bristol Rovers fan says one of our players is sh1t. Caldwell Out!